Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can find meters pretty cheap. Harbor Frieght has one for less than $15.
I tried amazon hydrometers I liked them but I bought a 12 pack and 2 didnt work and I had to replace the batteries in 2, not a big deal. Im just nervous about jarring too early again. I'll check out harbor freight tho. Is it just a hydrometer?

All LED baby...I can spend a couple bucks.
Ya man we had been using the old kind of Christmas lights but gonna go today or tomorrow and upgrade to the new LED c9 bulbs! Huge difference that the old ones i noticed last year if i link more then 3 strings together it wouldn’t make it but a few hours and it would blow the fuse in the lead string! These LED say u can link almost 50 strings together so way lower voltage load on them! They are out of the $20 60’ strings of mixed red/white so gonna get 12 of the 15’ strings that are under $8 each!

Do u know how many lumens your strings are? Saw some of the Home Depot ones advertised at 25 or 50 but not sure how many the ones at Walmart were! Need to check em out cuz don’t wanna upgrade to LED and have em be a brand that are dim and wonky!

I can't find a whole lot of DWC info for autos online, so its mostly been me experimenting. I will back the PPMs down.

I've noticed. I was starting to wonder what I'd done to piss you off.

So I've been using Masterblend, which has an A and a B liquid.

A is the fertilizer + Epsom Salt

B is Calcium Nitrate, which is all the nitrogen.

So you are suggesting I back off the Calcium Nitrate a bit when in bloom?

Right now I mix 10ml of each to a gallon, which is the same mix I used for my tomatoes in the summer and what was putting me right at 1200 ppm.

Sounds like I should drop to about 7-8ml per gallon, and then when in bloom, drop to about 5-6ml of the Nitrogen?
Absolutely bro! Get u some soluble gypsum cuz it will totally dissolve in water and its calcium without extra nitrogen! I guarantee that is most likely whats causing what i thought i was seeing! If u need extra P and calcium u can use calphos or calcium phosphate! Should sell it but i made some with charred cow bones and apple cidar vinegar! Also if a plant is ever stretching too much a foliar of calphos is supposed to stop the stretch! :thumbsup:

I tried amazon hydrometers I liked them but I bought a 12 pack and 2 didnt work and I had to replace the batteries in 2, not a big deal. Im just nervous about jarring too early again. I'll check out harbor freight tho. Is it just a hydrometer?
Think he means a moisture meter for under $15 from there! ;)

Look up pin type moisture meter.

Absolutely bro! Get u some soluble gypsum cuz it will totally dissolve in water and its calcium without extra nitrogen! I guarantee that is most likely whats causing what i thought i was seeing! If u need extra P and calcium u can use calphos or calcium phosphate! Should sell it but i made some with charred cow bones and apple cidar vinegar! Also if a plant is ever stretching too much a foliar of calphos is supposed to stop the stretch! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info.

I removed a gallon of water from all the buckets at 1200ppm and put in fresh water with no nutrients. Now we're around 900 to 1000.

RISEPRO Wood Moisture Meter Two Pins Digital Humidity Tester, Moisture Detector Inspection for Building Material Firewood Wall Paper Floor w/Backlit LCD https://a.co/d/2xg139Z

@Cannaficionado jus so u don't get thoroughly confuzzled :doh:, theze guyz are referring to a wood moisture meter....it has two lil prongz on the end that u stick into the stem, with optimal moisture reading being 10-12% ;) ppp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back