Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now since I have no experience with these at what % moisture do I put them in a jar? Lmao. I would assume it would be somewhere in like the 30% range
No 10-12% on the moisture meter translates over to betweeen 56-62% rh if I remember correctly!

@Cannaficionado jus so u don't get thoroughly confuzzled :doh:, theze guyz are referring to a wood moisture meter....it has two lil prongz on the end that u stick into the stem, with optimal moisture reading being 10-12% ;) ppp
Ok damn thats way lower than I would have thought. Ok

@Cannaficionado jus so u don't get thoroughly confuzzled :doh:, theze guyz are referring to a wood moisture meter....it has two lil prongz on the end that u stick into the stem, with optimal moisture reading being 10-12% ;) ppp
Ya 1 o deez bad boys! ;)
image.jpg

10-12% on it translates to 56-62% on a hygrometer!

Ok damn thats way lower than I would have thought. Ok

it'z becuz it'z reading the moisture level inside the actual stem itself, not the surrounding ambient air....two totally diff animalz ;) ppp

Yes, that and brown bag curing has taken all the fuss out of curing for me. I've cure in paper bags while under lights, in the dark, in the winter under 15%rh and in the summer under 80%rh. No issues.

So even though Im no where near it yet. Im trying to find out a little more info about dry and cure with no moisture measuring devices. As most of you know I jarred 1 plant last harvest way too early and it turned all brown and funky smelling, since Im pretty tight on cash, how do you eyeball if its dry enough to jar?
Brown bags will slow your dry. I'll usually fill up half a jar with buds, put a meter in there for 2 hours and check moisture that way. When it hits 65% or less it's done

it'z becuz it'z reading the moisture level inside the actual stem itself, not the surrounding ambient air....two totally diff animalz ;) ppp
Except u stab the bud not the stem! ;) :rofl:
Stem and bud dry at way different rates and u ain’t smoking the stems….hopefully! :pighug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back