Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would that work? Topdress? I thought I was supposed to mix it with the soil? I thought happy frog didn't have anything in it to make it hot.. waiting till week 4 would mean it's just as hot as ocean forest..?
HF is just like any other cannabis friendly soil I have tried. 80% of my grows have been in HF. I dont know where these comments are coming from of late that it has no nutes. I seen twice in threads of people saying it has no nutes, that is absolutely not true. The OF has something in it that auto's apparently cant handle when their young. But thats just a conclusion I've drawn based on watching people come in with issues in the infirmary.

HF is just like any other cannabis friendly soil I have tried. 80% of my grows have been in HF. I dont know where these comments are coming from of late that it has no nutes. I seen twice in threads of people saying it has no nutes, that is absolutely not true. The OF has something in it that auto's apparently cant handle when their young. But thats just a conclusion I've drawn based on watching people come in with issues in the infirmary.
I guess I just thought it didn't cause I've heard people mix it with OF to make the OF less hot.. but idk I'm stoned most of the day and still being humbled everyday by this sport. :rofl:

It's funny cause this was the first seedling in a year and a half that reacted this way to the OF. But it's all good won't be buying it anymore time to move on! Apparently coco is "easier" than soil so hopefully it works out for me, everything else you guys have taught me so far works great.

Yes!

Everytime I water?

Okay how often should I add cal mag? My tap water comes out around 204ppm so not sure if my tap water has enough or ill need to add more.

Fertigate with every watering fertilizer+water=fertigation. >20% runoff by the end of the day. So if your doing it once then yes every fertigations you only need runoff once a day

@Bob's Auto's has a ton of experience with them, maybe he can chime in. But that is what I would do if it were me, I'd work it into the topsoil as evenly AP around week 3-4.

:pass:

Pretty sure he uses bio tabs no? I could be wrong just that’s what I’ve heard he’s the expert on :d5::biggrin:

Apparently coco is "easier" than soil so hopefully it works out for me

:goodluck:
b0260.gif
ppp

Apparently coco is "easier" than soil so hopefully it works out for me

Not completely true do you have a EC and ph meter they are going to be your best friends in coco. There is a decent amount of daily maintenance with coco compared to soil. pH of the Rez can make or break your grow :toke::goodluck:
1696784107623.png

Collect it and what am I testing it for? I only have a ph pen and a ppm meter what else do I need big dawg?

It's not super necessary to collect but the main thing you are watching is the volume to make sure your getting proper runnoff and not wasting ferts. You can keep track of ph and ec but most say ph doesn't mean a lot (i've seen different). Ec can tell you whether your over or under feeding. I don't chase PH any more but do try to make sure it is reading between 5.8-6.2 before planting and <400 ppm (500scale).

Once they get older i don't pay attention to runoff reading at all just mainly when they are young unless I have issue then I still don't do much :doh: :pop:

Fertigate with every watering fertilizer+water=fertigation. >20% runoff by the end of the day. So if your doing it once then yes every fertigations you only need runoff once a day

Pretty sure he uses bio tabs no? I could be wrong just that’s what I’ve heard he’s the expert on :d5::biggrin:
Well you know, I am a stoner...and three slabs in on this jar of OSMH... @Dankerson has used them with success if I'm not mistaken...
:smokeit:

I guess I just thought it didn't cause I've heard people mix it with OF to make the OF less hot.. but idk I'm stoned most of the day and still being humbled everyday by this sport. :rofl:

It's funny cause this was the first seedling in a year and a half that reacted this way to the OF. But it's all good won't be buying it anymore time to move on! Apparently coco is "easier" than soil so hopefully it works out for me, everything else you guys have taught me so far works great.
We all learn from trial and error. In your case, ya just added the dots too soon.
I'm a soil grower cause i just want less maintenance and as organic as I'm capable of being. The tradeoff is smaller yields and a longer time frame to fix an issue.

Collect it and what am I testing it for? I only have a ph pen and a ppm meter what else do I need big dawg?
That's all you need. You can test the runoff ppm. Say your feeding 500ppm and your runoff says 900, that means you're overfeeding. If runoff is 300, then they can take some more and you can up the feed a little

I'm a soil grower cause i just want less maintenance and as organic as I'm capable of being.

i'm an organic soil grower becuz -> i'm jus plain fuckin LAZY :crying: :sleeping: ppp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back