Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha that's well funny dude....I don't remember saying that but kudos to me if I did :clapper: :clapper: :rofl: .. seriously tho, don't think it was me.............but, ahem, I am rather partial to the odd joint or two, so........I can't remember hehe:crying:
Yeah my bad it wasn't you, it was @Waira guess I was high :d5:

How would that work? Topdress? I thought I was supposed to mix it with the soil? I thought happy frog didn't have anything in it to make it hot.. waiting till week 4 would mean it's just as hot as ocean forest..?
Topdress, that's how I would do it. HF can sustain a seedling until around day 17-45, depending on the size of your pot and cultivar. 3 gallon, about 17-25 days.

:pass:

Topdress, that's how I would do it. HF can sustain a seedling until around day 17-45, depending on the size of your pot and cultivar. 3 gallon, about 17-25 days.

Damn So I'll need throw the soil out then cause I already mixed it and have no other use for it. No wonder that skywalker didn't make it. :pass:

Okay and around week 4 add the grow dots. Do I try to mix it in with the top of soil or just lay it across the top and water in?
@Bob's Auto's has a ton of experience with them, maybe he can chime in. But that is what I would do if it were me, I'd work it into the topsoil as evenly AP around week 3-4.

Yes!

Everytime I water?

Okay how often should I add cal mag? My tap water comes out around 204ppm so not sure if my tap water has enough or ill need to add more.

If you are going to handwater, I highly recommend HydroHalos. They make it much easier to distribute evenly. A bit pricey for plastic rings but just attach some 1/2" tubing with a funnel for ease. I cut slits in my tent and run the tubes to the outside. Barely have to open it any more.

Everytime you water you should water to runoff in coco. Some don't but it makes it a lot easier to avoid salt build up. You really can't overwater it which is very nice.

I ended up getting a small R/O water machine. Your nute line should have enough Ca/Mg with tap that you won't need to add it. Plain Epsom Salt is Mg and S which are both good to add. If it looks like it needs a bump, I add Epsom Salt over CalMag. Tap usually has Ca but not Mg. You can also cut your tap water with gallons of distilled or purified water from the store. I checked the ppm on the purified, it was cheaper than distilled, read less than 50ppm.

Just ideas. It takes a little test and tune but I couldn't grow worth a darn in soil. Coco? Just mix nutes, check pH, and fertigate away! If things go awry you can just mix fresh nutes and flush until the plant is fixed up.

Oh since coco is semi-hydro you can follow MoGs hydro plan with megacrop.

If you are going to handwater, I highly recommend HydroHalos. They make it much easier to distribute evenly. A bit pricey for plastic rings but just attach some 1/2" tubing with a funnel for ease. I cut slits in my tent and run the tubes to the outside. Barely have to open it any more.

Everytime you water you should water to runoff in coco. Some don't but it makes it a lot easier to avoid salt build up. You really can't overwater it which is very nice.

I ended up getting a small R/O water machine. Your nute line should have enough Ca/Mg with tap that you won't need to add it. Plain Epsom Salt is Mg and S which are both good to add. If it looks like it needs a bump, I add Epsom Salt over CalMag. Tap usually has Ca but not Mg. You can also cut your tap water with gallons of distilled or purified water from the store. I checked the ppm on the purified, it was cheaper than distilled, read less than 50ppm.

Just ideas. It takes a little test and tune but I couldn't grow worth a darn in soil. Coco? Just mix nutes, check pH, and fertigate away! If things go awry you can just mix fresh nutes and flush until the plant is fixed up.

Oh since coco is semi-hydro you can follow MoGs hydro plan with megacrop.
thanks for taking time to answer all this! Yeah I'll be using megacrop with coco at first just for simplicity. Any recommendations on grams per gallon for that stuff? I've seen people say so many different things. I'm just tired of seeing my plants struggle through the finish line and now that I spent my first year just getting the rhythm down I'm ready to learn more and try more. :pass:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back