Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Hotfire Dont know if I would have added the dots right from the beginning. I would have left the plant burn off some of the soil nutes for a few weeks. I agree with MoG, prolly have a hot zone in the pots. That makes for a tough situation, cause normally u can ride out an issue with regular waterings, but now watering just releases more nutes with time release nutes.
That's the one thing about soil growing that drives me nuts, since it takes a few weeks to discover if u made the right choice to correct an issue, u only get one chance to get it right. Cause shit gets better, or it gets worse.

Last edited:
I've been meaning to ask, with coco how many times a day are you watering 3 gal pots? I think I'm ready to try some mother earth coco next run.
I've been watering my coco every 12 hours, aka twice a day, until 10-20% runoff. Sometimes I'm busy and it might be 15 hours between watering, which means it will take more liquid to get runoff. I have 4 very different plants draining runoff into a single bucket, so I can look in the bucket and see how much runoff i got from the last fertigation, and increase or decrease liquid accordingly. I started out this grow watering all 4 plants the same amount, and it looked like plenty of runoff, but I forgot that since one plant out-grew the others she needed more water. She started clawing before I realized she must be getting salt buildup (nitrogen toxicity symptoms). Now she's getting double the liquid of the smaller plants and doing much better. The orange haloween bucket collects runoff from all 4 plants via the black vinyl fabric gutter that runs the length of the shelf.
setup_20231007.jpg

Thanks for the info as always I do appreciate you!

..But... the last time I had a problem with something, You specifically and (I think) @Vapo blamed my soil. I was told by you something along the lines of: fox farms is way too hot and inconsistent and I hadn't been growing long enough to see it. @Vapo said "I wouldn't let my cat shit in fox farms" :crying: :crying:
... if I go back far enough I'll find it but Its not that serious :pass:.

I only attempted the grow dots with happy frog cause I've seen others here have success.. 15g per gallon of soil. Are you saying that's a no go?

I haven't changed anything I'm doing for me to have 2 plants just randomly dud out on me like that. Not saying its not my fault, just something new for me.

I have made it this far with 0 stunted seedling issues so I'm obviously learning something around here! :rofl::shrug:
No Grow Dots until week 4 when using Happy Frog, would be recommendation. 3 -5 days of acclimating your HF soil in its final pot & environment before planting is best IMO .

:pass:

Last edited:
Home Depot also carries ac infinity stuff on their website if you've got gift cards or coupons :thumbsup:
My crackhead neighbor sold me a $100 Home Depot gift card for $50. When he came back a few days later with another one, I got suspicious and said no, so he said he'd take $20 for it (the price of a rock of crack). I finally got him to confess. His hustle involved creating fake checks on his color printer. He'd buy stuff at Home Depot, pay for it with a fake check, then go right back in the other door to customer service and return it. They don't do cash refunds if you paid by check, so he'd get gift cards and sell them in the neighborhood for whatever he could get. Last time I saw him was when I gave him a ride to rehab.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.gif
Hmmmmm.....I don't wanna be the Doctor in the room when they Try that one........:crying: ....or...the father.......

No gas and air...no babies.....:biggrin:...That will sort the population problem out............:yeah:.. #JustSayin

:crying::crying::crying:

Hey guys I got a question. I've seen alot of mixed answers so thought I'd ask the pros. At what point does a plant no longer want or need veg nutes? Is it after stretch or before? What is the key sign that your plant is ready for the switch up?

Watch for the pom poms. Once you see those you can do the transition week, then bloom phase.

View attachment 1637236 Hmmmmm.....I don't wanna be the Doctor in the room when they Try that one........:crying: ....or...the father.......

No gas and air...no babies.....:biggrin:...That will sort the population problem out............:yeah:.. #JustSayin

:crying::crying::crying:
Have you been supplying doctors in Scotland with your cannabis Auntie? :eyebrows::haha::pass:

I've been meaning to ask, with coco how many times a day are you watering 3 gal pots? I think I'm ready to try some mother earth coco next run.

Are you going to handwater or use pump/timer/reservoirs? I start with handwatering and I collect the runoff to check volume and EC/ppm. General rule for coco is 20% runoff by volume. So 1 litre in you want 200ml runoff. Make sure you have some sort of way to deal with the runoff water. Either a pot suspended over a basin or drain hoses.

With a 3 gallon pot you can probably get away with once a day for most of the grow and maybe twice a day towards the end. The plant will tell you if you measure your runoff. If you put in 1 litre and get 200ml runoff you're fine. If the runoff drops to say 85ml then increase your volume. Try 1.5L in and see if you get 150ml runoff. IF you water once a day, increase the volume, and the runoff stays low, then you probably need to move to twice a day. Does that make sense?

At some point the coco won't hold any more water so not matter how much you put in, it just runs out. Hence, at some point twice a day, or more, works best. If you water by hand twice a day isn't hard. Larger watering volumes in a 3gal pot should be do-able. If you run small pots then pump/timer multiple waterings per day works.

I run 1.5gal airpots and only ever water twice a day.
Okay im gonna get some mother earth coco soon you sold me. From my understanding it's already buffered and I have to feed nutes every watering? What about when im waiting for it to break ground and the first few days? And do you transplant or go straight into final pot?
I have mega crop or bottle nutes or more grow dots so I'd like to experiment a little.

Nutrients every watering. Nutes + water = fertigation. A MoG-ism.

The Mother Earth coco is pretty good. It does come pre-buffered but I still like to rinse it. I load my pots and then run seedling strength, 300ppm-ish, nute blend through the coco until the runoff reads in the 300ppm range. Some of the buffering solution can be quite high. ME brand seems decent enough. But I also like to presoak my pots completely.

pH is critical for coco, 5.8-6.2 is your range. Have a good pH pen and and ppm pen and calibrate them. Do it before your grow and I would check the pH pen at least once a month.

My pre-grow setup:

Thanks for the info as always I do appreciate you!

..But... the last time I had a problem with something, You specifically and (I think) @Vapo blamed my soil. I was told by you something along the lines of: fox farms is way too hot and inconsistent and I hadn't been growing long enough to see it. @Vapo said "I wouldn't let my cat shit in fox farms" :crying: :crying:
... if I go back far enough I'll find it but Its not that serious :pass:.

I only attempted the grow dots with happy frog cause I've seen others here have success.. 15g per gallon of soil. Are you saying that's a no go?

I haven't changed anything I'm doing for me to have 2 plants just randomly dud out on me like that. Not saying its not my fault, just something new for me.

I have made it this far with 0 stunted seedling issues so I'm obviously learning something around here! :rofl::shrug:

Hahaha that's well funny dude....I don't remember saying that but kudos to me if I did :clapper: :clapper: :rofl: .. seriously tho, don't think it was me.............but, ahem, I am rather partial to the odd joint or two, so........I can't remember hehe:crying:

You didn’t @Vapo It was @Waira that said that

Good morning/afternoon depending where you are!

Easin into the day after getting into the bag of shrooms last night. Went to look for munchies in the freezer and the shroom bag was glowing at me at at 1 am....trippin balls till about 5.

Feeling like fall as the high is only about 60F. Pretty amazing. Some of the leaves are starting change so cool temps around the corner

Have a great day!!! :pass:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back