Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '22. 2700 pagez & 483k viewz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just found this
That's an interesting paper and IIRC...
It measures cannabis yield in a different way than others have done. They conclude I think that actually more PPFD than traditionally thought gives ever greater yield. It was @Rasterman who showed me this paper originally.
mind you I think this was work done with photos not autos...

Just got a UVA light from HLG that I am gonna be using in my 4x4... From my understanding terps is what it brings out but I really don't know the science behind it if there is any.. I believe this is a highly debated topic in the canna world right now

here is a video shared with me that I have to get through yet

Thank you. Will have a look at that video to see the science behind it, if there is any.

Uva and uvb have different affects on cannabis, uva causes an increase in veg growth and increased terpene production, uvb (285nm and 365nm) cause the production of the protein UVR8 that increases THC production(plants sunscreen)

Interesting. I just got over the subject so i will try to learn about it ASAP. I can study for weeks until i really understand how something works out in reality.

@Mañ'O'Green will have da answer! Not just cuz hes a walking encyclopedia but he uses both of them so he can for sure tell u how much a difference it makes! :d5:

Ok, let’s see if the AFN-legend shows up with an answer, or maybe that video above and some help of google will sort it for me.

Another benefit is that most molds and fungus can not survive uva/uvb light spectrums.

Wow, that is really new Information for me but i Will take your word for it.

Thank you guys for sharing your knowledge with me. I’ll take some time and watch that video. I just have to learn this!

:smokeout::smokeout::smokeout:

This may already be common knowledge here in which case I apologize. An aqueous solution of milk has been shown to be quite helpful in the suppression of powdery mildew.
In addition to that I've seen reports that compost tea can also be quite useful

Hope some might find this interesting. I'm a big fan of natural methods to control issues on stuff I'm gonna be consuming
Thank you! Have heard of water/milk solution… wasn’t sure I wanted to try it. Had a .5l bottle of milk one of my twins dropped in the car, in the summer, explode! I can remember the smell like it was yesterday. But now that they are in mid-flower, thinking H2O2 wouldn’t be the best option. Milk residue is far more appealing than hydrogen peroxide residue. Prob gonna have to wash them anyways… that’ll be a first time as well. Man, I gotta study more! Lol

Another benefit is that most molds and fungus can not survive uva/uvb light spectrums.

Bugs either! I had a mild buggy problem one grow and my small UV tube killed them right off. I couldn't say if the light improved things or not but the side effects of no mold, fungus, or bugs surviving was pretty nice.

That's an interesting paper and IIRC...
It measures cannabis yield in a different way than others have done. They conclude I think that actually more PPFD than traditionally thought gives ever greater yield. It was @Rasterman who showed me this paper originally.
mind you I think this was work done with photos not autos...
Yeah, I assume most studies are done with photos unless they specify. But, it would be hard if not impossible to do a real scientific comparison with autos since you couldn't run clones.

This may already be common knowledge here in which case I apologize. An aqueous solution of milk has been shown to be quite helpful in the suppression of powdery mildew.
In addition to that I've seen reports that compost tea can also be quite useful

Hope some might find this interesting. I'm a big fan of natural methods to control issues on stuff I'm gonna be consuming
I know I’ve seen the % of each on here somewhere but can’t remember where. How much milk to H2O?

A big thanks to @Jpkindbud for reading through page after page and seeing my question. If you all haven't seen it look at this beauty:

Unreal coloring

5ed2ac40-a6bb-40cb-bed4-993f5660a35c-jpeg.1527496

89dc50ee-1917-4e25-b834-3cac89b11f49-jpeg.1527497

A big thanks to @Jpkindbud for reading through page after page and seeing my question. If you all haven't seen it look at this beauty:

Unreal coloring

5ed2ac40-a6bb-40cb-bed4-993f5660a35c-jpeg.1527496

89dc50ee-1917-4e25-b834-3cac89b11f49-jpeg.1527497
You are very welcome sir! I am so hoping they recreate it like CMOG 2.0! They have an auto version of CMOG on their new site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back