Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '22. 2700 pagez & 483k viewz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol u wont lose pressure because that pressure comes from the pump! And the double bucket gravity dealywhopper i am assuming u set lower bucket pump to only pump up what u want going out for the feed….i dont know how u can get enough gravity pressure tho so that it feeds the whole chain of drippers evenly! Blumats do it cuz how slow they drip and because feed line is setup on a loop starting and ending at reservoir!
Yes if you build a 2 bucket system do exactly that and don't need the anti siphon set up. And I completely agree I'm not sure how'd you'd get an even feed to all the drop emitters with such low pressure.
You could I guess raise the system where P (psi) = 0.43 x H (ft) but still that's a stretch :rolleyes1:
The set up I used was a single 7 gal brew bucket straight out to my emitters.
To clarify There's a decent height difference between my reservoir and my emitters even on the floor. Hence the anti siphon gizmo (let alone a larger reservoir like a 15 gal keg. lol
20221220_115055.jpg

Cause the pressure would be going to the path of least resistance that blow off line so the pressure wouldn’t make it to the drippers … and again I don’t think blumats will work with coco but then again I’ve been wrong many time before
So i am just assuming here but u dont put the hole in the actual line coming off the pump…. Doing that would just make water shoot like a fountain every time it came on!

I think i see what he did there Dale! The hole at top is in pump line but u put a T in and a small piece of hose that feeds back to top of bucket!

Hey thanks this is perfect and I love the price!!!
Ultimately I was hoping to step up from the 7 gal bucket I currently have to one of my 15 gal brew kegs. Giving me the ability to take up to a 2 to 3 week road trip hahahaha
Until then it's pretty easy to just water by hand :cooldance:
I would definitely not trust valves like these to prevent a flood for 2 weeks. I would just set up my reservoir to keep the highest water level lower than the lowest emitter into your pots. Much simpler. If you absolutely can't do that, just include a small diameter (1/8 ID, the standard small irrigation tube) from a three way tee at the highest point in the line to the plants, and lead the anti-siphon line back to the reservoir, but with no valve. You will then need a pump with enough capacity to handle the wasted flow while supplying your irrigation flow.

Another option to consider is to have your plants sitting in some kind of containment that will store the entire contents of your reservoir. That is what I have done with my setup just in case some other failure causes the pump to stay on. I made a 6 mil poly liner about five inches deep in the bottom of the 'drobe.

One issue is the size of the reservoir you will need for a couple weeks. That may mean a water level too high to work without an anti-siphon setup - if so, just set it up with an open anti-siphon return. :biggrin:

For real ditch the coco and get some coast of maine amd blumats! Then u dont gotta worry about pumps and siphoning! Set em up proper to start and they’ll go on their own and increase how long they stay open as plants drink more!

I think i see what he did there Dale! The hole at top is in pump line but u put a T in and a small piece of hose that feeds back to top of bucket!
Exactly and it works like a charm the blow off/anti siphon tube returns the stream to the bucket while the pump runs but sucks air when the pump stops. It's restricted due to tube size and the it's a tee more or less off the main tube and bent into a 180 turn. There's no issue getting pressure to the emitters they work like a charm.
All you really need is to punch a hole in the main line at the very top as it leaves the reservoir and connect a small tube. It literally takes 5 to 10 minutes to install it's really dirt simple. Now you could step up to say this as a reservoir.
20221220_115320.jpg

Now if you want complicated rig a 2 bucket system where the upper bucket fills your blumats, install a float/limit switch in the upper bucket (like a toilet tank sort of) and use low voltage (safer) off the limit switch to a normally open relay to control the pump. That way you can't over fill the upper bucket which gravity feeds your blumats. I call it the Rube Goldberg watering system
:rofl:

I havent checked but would assume they will work! I say soil but when the bag is compost/sphagnum moss that is technically soilless so if it works for that should work for coco! Just means u would need to set a lil higher drip rate so it gets pot a lil more damp then it would otherwise! I aint never used coco tho so not positive just my guess! My tents are in my bedroom tho so i aint running no pump in here!
Yeah it says on their site that they will but I think DCL tried it and was less then impressed… I personally like feeding my coco to run off every time… yes I have considered going blumats and soil or a earthbox with soil(yes I know bill you love yours)… Right now I kinda am getting things dialed and don’t want to make a major changes so that’s is why a hesitant to switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back