Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '22. 2700 pagez & 483k viewz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes you do lose some pressure but at 260 gph the biggest problem I had was my timers minimum setting was 1 minute and with those emitters even that 1 minute a day was too much. I'm sure you've already seen them but for anyone who hasn't they sort of emit in a full circle like a lawn sprinkler .
That's why my tent was a tad wet. I tend to learn my best lessons when I burn my fingers on the stove.
:rofl:
This is the timer you need for coco irrigation, it programs down to the second:

Outlet Timer, NEARPOW Multifunctional Programmable Timer with Countdown and 7-Day Digital Infinite Repeat Cycle Intermittent, 19 ON/OFF Programs for Electrical Outlets, 3 Prong, 15A/1800W : Amazon.ca: Tools & Home Improvement

Cocoforcannabis.com is the best source of info on setting up DIY automated irrigation. :biggrin:

Blumats for the win! U can get away with 1 carrot per pot with extra drippers attached to them! This is a 3gal pot but def has 1 more dripper then it needed! :d5:
View attachment 1548493

I am pretty they won’t with coco or at least not the best since you would be getting run off and pots would be constantly wet..

Yes, you would. but that can be fixed with a one way valve that prevents water from leaving the breather line while allowing air back in when needed.
Thanks you link please or picture what kind of valve we talking about

This is the timer you need for coco irrigation, it programs down to the second:

Outlet Timer, NEARPOW Multifunctional Programmable Timer with Countdown and 7-Day Digital Infinite Repeat Cycle Intermittent, 19 ON/OFF Programs for Electrical Outlets, 3 Prong, 15A/1800W : Amazon.ca: Tools & Home Improvement

Cocoforcannabis.com is the best source of info on setting up DIY automated irrigation. :biggrin:
Hey thanks this is perfect and I love the price!!!
Ultimately I was hoping to step up from the 7 gal bucket I currently have to one of my 15 gal brew kegs. Giving me the ability to take up to a 2 to 3 week road trip hahahaha
Until then it's pretty easy to just water by hand :cooldance:

Thanks I didn’t know that trick… but wouldn’t I lose pressure at my emitters since the feed would just be dumping back into the Rez?
Lol u wont lose pressure because that pressure comes from the pump! And the double bucket gravity dealywhopper i am assuming u set lower bucket pump to only pump up what u want going out for the feed….i dont know how u can get enough gravity pressure tho so that it feeds the whole chain of drippers evenly! Blumats do it cuz how slow they drip and because feed line is setup on a loop starting and ending at reservoir!

I am pretty they won’t with coco or at least not the best since you would be getting run off and pots would be constantly wet..

You could try one of the ones used in aquarium systems to prevent water backup into the pump. These are the sort of thing I am referring to:
ShineIn Plastic One Way Aquarium Pump Check Valve Replacement Non Return Small Air Valve for Fish Tank Pack of 10 : Amazon.ca: Pet Supplies

I have not used them, I just set the system up with the emitters in the pots higher than the highest water level in the reservoir. That way, when the pump stops, a bit of siphoning happens, but back toward the reservoir. The problem with a valve is that they can plug and if they do, they cause a flood. I got rid of them on the sailboat because of the plugging issue, and always left the ends of the breathers open. But where they were used in the boat, the loss of pressure due to part of the flow going out the breather tube was not enough to harm function.

I would not use them in a home irrigation system if I could avoid doing so, the consequences of plugging would be too severe. If I had to use them, I would leave the end of the tube open, and just make sure my pump was big enough to supply both the anti-siphon line and the irrigation lines. In my setup, I have more than enough headspace to do it the easy way by elevating my solos a bit. The big pots are high enough anyway. I use a plastic tote for my reservoir, so water depth above the floor is limited. :biggrin:

Lol u wont lose pressure because that pressure comes from the pump! And the double bucket gravity dealywhopper i am assuming u set lower bucket pump to only pump up what u want going out for the feed….i dont know how u can get enough gravity pressure tho so that it feeds the whole chain of drippers evenly! Blumats do it cuz how slow they drip and because feed line is setup on a loop starting and ending at reservoir!

Cause the pressure would be going to the path of least resistance that blow off line so the pressure wouldn’t make it to the drippers … and again I don’t think blumats will work with coco but then again I’ve been wrong many time before

Newest member of the Unicorn club here. Found a mini, hidden under a bunch of crappy vape pens, for $45 at the local vape shop! Not a bad deal, and it's a pretty nice little rig!
Lmao i saw 1 at my local shop for $149! :rofl:

I havent checked but would assume they will work! I say soil but when the bag is compost/sphagnum moss that is technically soilless so if it works for that should work for coco! Just means u would need to set a lil higher drip rate so it gets pot a lil more damp then it would otherwise! I aint never used coco tho so not positive just my guess! My tents are in my bedroom tho so i aint running no pump in here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back