Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '22. 2700 pagez & 483k viewz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn stuff makes me hear shit.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

wakeandba.gif

Thanks I didn’t know that trick… but wouldn’t I lose pressure at my emitters since the feed would just be dumping back into the Rez?
Yes you do lose some pressure but at 260 gph the biggest problem I had was my timers minimum setting was 1 minute and with those emitters even that 1 minute a day was too much. I'm sure you've already seen them but for anyone who hasn't they sort of emit in a full circle like a lawn sprinkler .
That's why my tent was a tad wet. I tend to learn my best lessons when I burn my fingers on the stove.
:rofl:

Don't bounce too hard!

Taking a shower on a aircraft carrier only means getting a new layer of jet fuel on your body...... :shrug:
You guys had a shitty Water King! LOL!
I can relate! My office was in #1 elevator ram room. The smell of the hydraulic fluid got into my clothes and hair. I exchanged that smell for the smell of the day when showering.

Smell of that hydraulic fluid..............The fluid that will set General Quarters for Hazmat if there is a half-cup leak! Ut's a wonder I didn't die many years ago from that shit. Prolly would have, if I had finished the tour.

There's a fix for that if you have a pump which you might already know?
By punching a hole at the highest point it allows the system to pull air and break the siphon effect.
I've also seen a double bucket setup where the pump from the lower bucket fills the upper bucket. The upper bucket gravity feeds the drippers.
Here's what I threw together on the fly so I could take a weeks vacation.
My biggest problem was even though I set the timer for 1 minute a day for 5 plants it was way too much and my tent was a tad wet when I got home. Though my plants were actually looking great.

Here's the anti syphon (small tube), 260 gph aquarium pump and emitters I picked (these b/c I was given to understand they were less likely to clog with low pressure)
View attachment 1548447View attachment 1548448View attachment 1548449
I just put the rez on the floor so it's below the drippers and it stopped the siphoning problem :shrug:

I just put the rez on the floor so it's below the drippers and it stopped the siphoning problem :shrug:
My tent is height limited (can't really raise the plants up) so even with the res on the floor the water level in my res was above the elevation of my emitters when full. I was going away for a week long bike trip.
Honestly it took about 10 minutes tops to install the antisiphon tube it's a common hack on you tube

Yes you do lose some pressure but at 260 gph the biggest problem I had was my timers minimum setting was 1 minute and with those emitters even that 1 minute a day was too much. I'm sure you've already seen them but for anyone who hasn't they sort of emit in a full circle like a lawn sprinkler .
That's why my tent was a tad wet. I tend to learn my best lessons when I burn my fingers on the stove.
:rofl:
Thanks buddy yeah I did the same a jp and once I put on floor basically same level as plants it stopped but I use pressure compensating drip emitter not sure it that makes a difference… still learning and modifying my system it is for coco DTW so I want it a tad wet :thumbsup:

You guys had a shitty Water King! LOL!
I can relate! My office was in #1 elevator ram room. The smell of the hydraulic fluid got into my clothes and hair. I exchanged that smell for the smell of the day when showering.
Smell of that hydraulic fluid..............The fluid that will set General Quarters for Hazmat if there is a half-cup leak! Ut's a wonder I didn't die many years ago from that shit. Prolly would have, if I had finished the tour.

Everything seemed to use hydraulic fluid on the ship, the aircraft always developed leaks or just when changing parts or simply servicing the aircraft you encountered hydraulic fluid, and my white flight deck jersey and vest always had pink stains from that crap!

Those were the days.....remember the good times easily, the bad time are like someone else's vague memories, :rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back