Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '22. 2700 pagez & 483k viewz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen Shot 2022-12-19 at 7.34.48 PM.png

Hi thanks for the info!
So I have a cheapo vivo sun grow tent. I looked it up they claim it has like 98% reflective mylar. Do I completely believe everything they say probably not lol. I do see the Orca grow film is rated at 94% reflection index for all the wavelengths a lamp produces.
So I'm unclear how the material in my grow tent truly stands up.
Beyond that I was hoping that removing some of the lower foliage and little buds would encourage the plant to focus it's energy on the remaining sites more towards it's upper canopy. Is this a misconception? I'm only my asking to increase my comprehension of the subject and thank you in advance for any advice!!
IMPB every leaf you take off the plant reduces its energy. The reason the lower leaves look darker green to you is because green light penetrates deeper into the canopy. It is proven that plants use green light. You know how people say they trim hard and a few days latter it does not even look like it? That is because the plant used energy to grow more leaf surface because it needs it. If there is enough leaf surface the plant will turn its attention to the buds. When a plant is done with a lower leaf it will suck whats left and drop it. Now I do have an exception in late flower I will trim lowers for air flow. This is important to stem Bud Rot.

IMPB every leaf you take off the plant reduces its energy. The reason the lower leaves look darker green to you is because green light penetrates deeper into the canopy. It is proven that plants use green light. You know how people say they trim hard and a few days latter it does not even look like it? That is because the plant used energy to grow more leaf surface because it needs it. If there is enough leaf surface the plant will turn its attention to the buds. When a plant is done with a lower leaf it will suck whats left and drop it. Now I do have an exception in late flower I will trim lowers for air flow. This is important to stem Bud Rot.
Thanks so much I appreciate it!!!

Hey guys. Hows everyone doing tonight?

Question for the auto people here.

I slept like a rock today, when I woke up it was after lights out in my tent, decided to take a peak and see how everything was and my granite runtz is droopy as hell rn. Now I normally try not to go in there during lights out unless I didnt check in a while or like today I missed an opportunity to check it out during the day, but I did notice that she does seem to droop pretty shortly after lights out. Is this normal?

Shes always back to normal about an hour or 2 after the lights come back on.

Hey guys. Hows everyone doing tonight?

Question for the auto people here.

I slept like a rock today, when I woke up it was after lights out in my tent, decided to take a peak and see how everything was and my granite runtz is droopy as hell rn. Now I normally try not to go in there during lights out unless I didnt check in a while or like today I missed an opportunity to check it out during the day, but I did notice that she does seem to droop pretty shortly after lights out. Is this normal?

Shes always back to normal about an hour or 2 after the lights come back on.
Totally normal….don’t sweat it :pass:

Hi thanks for the info!
So I have a cheapo vivo sun grow tent. I looked it up they claim it has like 98% reflective mylar. Do I completely believe everything they say probably not lol. I do see the Orca grow film is rated at 94% reflection index for all the wavelengths a lamp produces.
So I'm unclear how the material in my grow tent truly stands up.
Beyond that I was hoping that removing some of the lower foliage and little buds would encourage the plant to focus it's energy on the remaining sites more towards it's upper canopy. Is this a misconception? I'm only my asking to increase my comprehension of the subject and thank you in advance for any advice!!
All my tents are Vivosun, and PPFD values definitely climb considerably with the door shut, versus open. And I believe that's a good indicator of having decent reflective properties. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back