Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '22. 2700 pagez & 483k viewz

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 had an ugly phase but it only lasted 2 days! Other then that the new babies are doing good! No gnats in this tent cuz its tge pots with all them predator mites! I have seen an adult or 2 but no larvae thats for sure! Why i ordered 25,000 of them for the big pots! :headbang:

Stone Dragon
image.jpg

Bloodstone (got dat gansta lean) :woohoo1:
BFD2F284-53AA-4876-ABBA-8C7C82FB2D01.jpeg

1671501983082.gif

Hi thanks for the info!
So I have a cheapo vivo sun grow tent. I looked it up they claim it has like 98% reflective mylar. Do I completely believe everything they say probably not lol. I do see the Orca grow film is rated at 94% reflection index for all the wavelengths a lamp produces.
So I'm unclear how the material in my grow tent truly stands up.
Beyond that I was hoping that removing some of the lower foliage and little buds would encourage the plant to focus it's energy on the remaining sites more towards it's upper canopy. Is this a misconception? I'm only my asking to increase my comprehension of the subject and thank you in advance for any advice!!
Im pretty sure unless you buy one of those super cheap tents that are like 100 bucks for a 4x4 you're ok. Even those are probably ok now. I used to have a homemade grow box made with those accordion folded windshield reflectors for cars in the summer and used 14 cfl bulbs as a light. If I could get adequate light for veg with that you should be fine with what you got.

Now that I have an actual grow tent and light and doing more research on how grow lights work in an indoor environment its definitely easier for me to not worry about how reflective my walls are.

As long as you have a light thats rated for the space you're in reflective walls just maximize the amount of light available to the plants as it just reflects any light that didnt hit the canopy back to the grow area.

So here's a question. I'm at the start of week 5 and just starting to show signs of flowering. I'd like to mildly lollipop bottom up. Not too aggressive. Just the lower sights where they're not getting light and to allow some air movement. Maybe like 15% removal.
Is this safe? Will I stress them out and stall them.
I do see some people do.this here and some even more aggressively.
Is there a general consensus?
View attachment 1548254View attachment 1548255
Yes if they are just starting to flower now is the prime opportunity and you can be a little vigorous with your defoliation, my last major defoliation i took off 4 nodes worth of growth from all my plants. They all had about 4 more above where I defoliated. So in reality I chopped about half the plant off at that time. Didnt really even phase them

Yes if they are just starting to flower now is the prime opportunity and you can be a little vigorous with your defoliation, my last major defoliation i took off 4 nodes worth of growth from all my plants. They all had about 4 more above where I defoliated. So in reality I chopped about half the plant off at that time. Didnt really even phase them
U musta missed this! I would trust his advice! :d5:

IMPB every leaf you take off the plant reduces its energy. The reason the lower leaves look darker green to you is because green light penetrates deeper into the canopy. It is proven that plants use green light. You know how people say they trim hard and a few days latter it does not even look like it? That is because the plant used energy to grow more leaf surface because it needs it. If there is enough leaf surface the plant will turn its attention to the buds. When a plant is done with a lower leaf it will suck whats left and drop it. Now I do have an exception in late flower I will trim lowers for air flow. This is important to stem Bud Rot.

U musta missed this! I would trust his advice! :d5:
I did miss that, and Im wondering how I didnt even see that, but I thought lollipopping at the start of flower was beneficial to heavy yields? Well once at the start and again a few weeks later towards the end of the stretch.

hmmm. The last time I played with fittings like that I was working on a diesel fuel system. Perhaps the stoner involved in the "genuity" was a mechanic. Hey @WildBill, you the guilty party? How's the weather down there now that I have yer undivided?

All considered though, I think I'll stick to my AirMax. :pighug:
Nope, but sure looked familiar! :rofl: :rofl:

My mom still tells this story but not long after that concert my lil sister wanted to go to new kids on the block concert for her birthday and my dad had to work so she said if i went without complaining she would take me to michael jacksons next concert for my birthday and next time he came was for the bad tour and like 3 days before concert i asked my mom to make sure we were going and she had no clue i knew he was even coming so she had to get tickets from a scalper….and then i wound up passing out mid show and sleeping thru half of it! She wasn’t happy! :crying:

I did miss that, and Im wondering how I didnt even see that, but I thought lollipopping at the start of flower was beneficial to heavy yields? Well once at the start and again a few weeks later towards the end of the stretch.
Lollipopping them is taking off all the lower sucker branches that are gonna be hidden inside canopy and therefore not produce as much! When i do it i try to trim them secondary branches growing on the backside of main branches to where they are growing upward into canopy vs outward and open to where they won’t impede air flow thru plant! :d5:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back