Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '22. 2700 pagez & 483k viewz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lollipopping them is taking off all the lower sucker branches that are gonna be hidden inside canopy and therefore not produce as much! When i do it i try to trim them secondary branches growing on the backside of main branches to where they are growing upward into canopy vs outward and open to where they won’t impede air flow thru plant! :d5:
Ahh. I literally cut off anything below a certain point and not getting direct light. Maybe next time I will leave those outside secondary branches on.

Ahh. I literally cut off anything below a certain point and not getting direct light. Maybe next time I will leave those outside secondary branches on.
I've been trying it both ways. In the Summer I trimmed the lower leaves a lot to try and keep humidity down. Since the weather cooled off I've been leaving every leaf on until it dries up, figuring more transpiration might help the humidifier keep up with the lower Winter RH. Either way I ended up with good hauls of primo bud. Clearing out the lower growth does save a lot of time trimming larf later on. I couldn't tell if it put more oomf into the colas. Then again, my jars are empty, so until this harvest cures, at least I've got larf to smoke, or vape. Bottom line is these plants are hard to kill.

Its taking off all the lower secondary branches i just also take off some upper inner ones! U can leave all the leaves tho and just cut them lil secondary branches! Even if its not much them leaves will absorb the light they do get! :thumbsup:

I've been trying it both ways. In the Summer I trimmed the lower leaves a lot to try and keep humidity down. Since the weather cooled off I've been leaving every leaf on until it dries up, figuring more transpiration might help the humidifier keep up with the lower Winter RH. Either way I ended up with good hauls of primo bud. Clearing out the lower growth does save a lot of time trimming larf later on. I couldn't tell if it put more oomf into the colas. Then again, my jars are empty, so until this harvest cures, at least I've got larf to smoke, or vape. Bottom line is these plants are hard to kill.
Yeah I was just always under the assumption that doing a heavy defoliation at the start of flower focused its energy towards the tops. Helping put all of its energy into the stretch and developing the canopy. Then you do another at about 3 weeks in sort of like schwazzing but not as heavy, removing anything in indirect light and would be larfy to help develop everything up top to its maximum potential.

I kinda understood it as a balancing act between potency and yield. That at a certain point the heavier you wanted your yield the less potent some of the bud would be. Not directly proportional by any means but to some extent

Its taking off all the lower secondary branches i just also take off some upper inner ones! U can leave all the leaves tho and just cut them lil secondary branches! Even if its not much them leaves will absorb the light they do get! :thumbsup:
Yeah I just cut fan leaves and the branches that form at their nodes at a certain point. I guess this does make sense though. Theres far too many ways to grow this stuff effectively lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back