Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '22. 2700 pagez & 483k viewz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so far in response to my new grow room question I got…

make it bigger:doh:

Add high power LED’s :greencheck:

Ductless mini split ( don’t know what that means?)

We need some more creativity here :pop:
I might have already been said but perhaps some exhaust venting through say a carbon filter (unsure how you'd size that) also if you ever consider growing photos a separate section sealed light tight for going 12/12.
I'd take a good look at power needs and pull the appropriate circuit/circuits and carefully consider placement of junction boxes and outlets (GFCI) to reduce use of extension cords.
Consider a back of the match book sketch with light placement, perphaps shelves, dedicated areas for cuttings/seedlings on the same room as your grow
Don't know your ambient temps where your growing but you may need to factor in heating/cooling/ humidity control.
Perhaps some form of automatic watering if say you wanted to take a week vacation.
Just my 2 cents worth

My new room is a framed in 8 x 10 room in my basement.
  • Plan was to pre wire all plugs in location needed.

• Install intake and vent fans into wall with HEPA filter on intake and charcoal filters on vent.
  • Install foil backed 3/4” insulation on internal walls and cut out both fan openings.
  • Paint floors flat white for reflective property.
  • Install 960W worth of lighting from both Mars and Viparspectra over 5 x 8’ area.
  • Install InkBird Temperature and Humidity systems hooked up to appropriate equipment all internal.
  • Lighting system on its own breaker running through both a surge protector and timer set for 19/5 perpetual.
  • Six separate circulation fans set up at all three levels of the canopy

What did I miss?
The room will be sealed with a door as well and paneling on the exterior.

Good day everyone, I chopped the crystal meth auto mutant, she was buried below the tall babies so i had no choice as the light keeps being raised up higher and higher.

A sad looking plant, at least I'll have something over nothing right :headbang:
View attachment 1548236
wet trim
View attachment 1548232
Before chop, buried under the orgypot girls lol
View attachment 1548233View attachment 1548234View attachment 1548235

You Know how Sods Law works......it will Probably be the strongest most favourite smoke of the grow........ :pighug:

I might have already been said but perhaps some exhaust venting through say a carbon filter (unsure how you'd size that) also if you ever consider growing photos a separate section sealed light tight for going 12/12.
I'd take a good look at power needs and pull the appropriate circuit/circuits and carefully consider placement of junction boxes and outlets (GFCI) to reduce use of extension cords.
Consider a back of the match book sketch with light placement, perphaps shelves, dedicated areas for cuttings/seedlings on the same room as your grow
Don't know your ambient temps where your growing but you may need to factor in heating/cooling/ humidity control.
Perhaps some form of automatic watering if say you wanted to take a week vacation.
Just my 2 cents worth
All awesome suggestions.
I tried to clarify what o have going now. Check that out. Think it covers most of your concerns.
I do plan to have a veg area for which I will add another light later on.

Ok so far in response to my new grow room question I got…

make it bigger:doh:

Add high power LED’s :greencheck:

Ductless mini split ( don’t know what that means?)

We need some more creativity here :pop:
My new room is a framed in 8 x 10 room in my basement.
  • Plan was to pre wire all plugs in location needed.

• Install intake and vent fans into wall with HEPA filter on intake and charcoal filters on vent.
  • Install foil backed 3/4” insulation on internal walls and cut out both fan openings.
  • Paint floors flat white for reflective property.
  • Install 960W worth of lighting from both Mars and Viparspectra over 5 x 8’ area.
  • Install InkBird Temperature and Humidity systems hooked up to appropriate equipment all internal.
  • Lighting system on its own breaker running through both a surge protector and timer set for 19/5 perpetual.
  • Six separate circulation fans set up at all three levels of the canopy

What did I miss?
The room will be sealed with a door as well and paneling on the exterior.
Do you need any type of drainage for plants?… I love my wash tube and garden hose right in the basement :cooldance: Plus my dehumidifier gravity drains into that so I don’t have empty it

Question to ALL you growers out there!!

I am building a new grow room 8 x 10’.

What would you add to this if you had no limit?

Take in account I am sticking with organic grow in soil.

Looking forward to getting your feedback!:thanks:

That is fantastic news. Congrats on the space. So, actual walls and such? I'd go for integrated duct work. Solid piping for intake and exhaust. Arranged for good airflow management.

I'd also plan outlets along each wall for ease of access and perhaps set them a bit higher up since lots of accessories are hung from tent cross bars.

@cavedirtcody built a very nice grow room. He may have some pointers or suggestions for things to add.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back