Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '22. 2700 pagez & 483k viewz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet! I have been considering getting another bike, a bit more modern than your choice, but still requiring parts and TLC, a Honda v65 Magna.
I'm not huge on metric bikes but truth be said Honda builds some really well thought out well put together machines. One of my friends had a mid 80s shadow 1100 4 speed and he finally blew the engine last year. Off the line it was damn quick.
IIRC those V65 magna's turned more than a few heads with the amount of HP they had stock back then. My buddy currently has a Vmax apart and he is rebuilding the carbs. Lol 1 carb is bad enough I can't imagine syncing all those things lol.

I'm not huge on metric bikes but truth be said Honda builds some really well thought out well put together machines. One of my friends had a mid 80s shadow 1100 4 speed and he finally blew the engine last year. Off the line it was damn quick.
IIRC those V65 magna's turned more than a few heads with the amount of HP they had stock back then. My buddy currently has a Vmax apart and he is rebuilding the carbs. Lol 1 carb is bad enough I can't imagine syncing all those things lol.
The v-Max was actually my first choice for years until I got to ride one, bad ass Blvd cruiser, but was uncomfortable on longer rides and back road cruising, so the Honda v65 became the top contender! Synching multi carbs is actually rather easy with a carb stix

Metric.....shit try a Whitworth tooled bike.....

The v-Max was actually my first choice for years until I got to ride one, bad ass Blvd cruiser, but was uncomfortable on longer rides and back road cruising, so the Honda v65 became the top contender! Synching multi carbs is actually rather easy with a carb stix
God I had my hands full ripping apart and rebuilding a mikuni HSR42. Mostly b/c Harley completely set those things up all wrong between the slider needle size and clip placement, and the main jet, pilot jet and accelerator pump we're all sized too rich so even with a low restriction air filter and high flow Vance and Hines pipes it ran so crazy rich you could smell it behind me and my gas mileage was insanely bad. Throw a hot cam on top and it was tough getting it set up right. Thankfully I found an article on line by Joe Minton who had worked for Mikuni and was a whiz, on how to properly set up those mikunis.
Also my buddy had a set of Gunson color tunes which helped immensly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back