Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '22. 2700 pagez & 483k viewz

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always enjoyed guitar, tried off and on for years to play but haven't managed to tame these giant sausage fingers of mine yet. Could never press just one string without muting the others:crying:
Try a nylon string 3/4 scale classical guitar. You can pick a decent one up for under 100 now. Has a shallower C neck but spacing of frets is the same. And easy on the fingers!

ac/dc = the simplest drumming known to rock......well, besidez the stonez of course :rofl: :doh: hope ur boy pickz up the stickz again :headbang: ppp
So do I. He heard someone near us is selling a Tama 5 piece with all cymbals and two different snares for 300 OBO. I believe I saw a gleam in his eye! He still has shells and hardware but they were used and had no bottom rings for any toms so no resonator head. The guy selling them is a pallet buyer. He buys a pallet of goods at auction and has no idea what’s on it til it’s unwrapped. Presto! Set of drums!

speaking from a drummer'z point of view, jus the concept, let alone the actual act, of playing a guitar has alwayz totally boggled my mind :crying: :dizzy: ppp
boggles mine too. Boggles my fingers most days while it is at it. :biggrin:

ac/dc = the simplest drumming known to rock......well, besidez the stonez of course :rofl: :doh: hope ur boy pickz up the stickz again :headbang: ppp
Idk Charlie had style that u can tell its him. He uses the high hat pedal alot. If you put a different drummer in alot of those songs would be different. For some songs jimmy miller actually played drums.

So do I. He heard someone near us is selling a Tama 5 piece with all cymbals and two different snares for 300 OBO. I believe I saw a gleam in his eye! He still has shells and hardware but they were used and had no bottom rings for any toms so no resonator head. The guy selling them is a pallet buyer. He buys a pallet of goods at auction and has no idea what’s on it til it’s unwrapped. Presto! Set of drums!

fuck a buncha bottom headz :finger: :rolleyes2: i've never played bottom headz on my tomz....they're totally unneeded & only serve to make tuning a veritable fucking nightmare, ahh! :wall: but that'z jus me :shrug: ;) ppp

I'd love to learn to be a luthier! Met a guy in Taos NM a few years back who builds custom mandolins. He showed me around his shop and I've wanted to learn the trade ever since

Came to the same decision about a mandolin im flipping around to lefty. Maybe someday I'll get the tools and start learning but for now I just want to play this mandolin and start leaning that again

Anyone interested in building guitars should buy this before buying anything else:

GUITARMAKING: TRADITION AND TECHNOLOGY.: Cumpiano, William, and Natelson, Jonathan D, and Herlitz, Clyde (Photographer): 9780961873707: Books - Amazon.ca

It is by far the best single reference I have come across, and the only one I have referred to in years.

Building guitars does not have to involve a lot of fancy or expensive gear. There are always multiple ways to get tasks completed, and almost always a DIY solution to the fancy stuff you might choose from the luthier supply places.

I have lost track of the special tools I have put together over the years. There is quite a pile of them. I need to sell the whole lot along with a pile of building supplies as I am pretty sure I have built my last guitar. I don't need another one, and am not interested in trying to sell more of them. There comes a time when the downsizing needs to get started... :biggrin: :pighug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back