Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '22. 2700 pagez & 483k viewz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martin guitar currently hiring guitar builders. Guitar playing skills required :smoking:
I have guitar playing skills. Been playing rhythm and bluesy leads for 30 yrs! But is that in Michigan? No major guitar company’s in northern NY

I'd love to learn to be a luthier! Met a guy in Taos NM a few years back who builds custom mandolins. He showed me around his shop and I've wanted to learn the trade ever since

Came to the same decision about a mandolin im flipping around to lefty. Maybe someday I'll get the tools and start learning but for now I just want to play this mandolin and start leaning that again
Got a Stewart Mac catalog. I like window shopping… also have a Rockler catalog. Woodworking tools and exotic woods,veneers, and dimensional stock. Some of those woods are beautiful. Cocobolo is one of my faves but has to be mechanically attached due to the oil it Carrie’s in its fibers. Purple Heart, wenge, zebra wood.

View attachment 1545622
There used to be about 100 in the house. Made by my pops the "Catman" . The blue was the first one he made as a kid so I kept it
My friends dad in OK builds guitars as well. He made a purple Flying V . Said it was a tribute to Jimi Hendrix and prince.

I have guitar playing skills. Been playing rhythm and bluesy leads for 30 yrs! But is that in Michigan? No major guitar company’s in northern NY

I've always enjoyed guitar, tried off and on for years to play but haven't managed to tame these giant sausage fingers of mine yet. Could never press just one string without muting the others:crying:

ok, lemme rephraze -> playing any instrument other than drumz has alwayz totally boggled my mind :coffee: :rolleyes2:
37.gif
ppp

Good Morfnoevight all you happy Caturday Stoners.
catsnarc.jpg

I have been working on a vegan gummy bear recipe. I am getting close.
This is yesterday's run with every thing exept the extract THC I used 2g coconut oil in its place. They are drying now.

IMG_20221210_123808659.jpg

This is today's batch that is a full test run with 2g THC/Actives (9g MCT oil). I added erythritol 50/50 with the sugar to see if I can get a "gummier" texture.

IMG_20221210_123418247.jpg

Us old guys all look the same :rofl:

2022-03-27_9-52-40.jpg It is the white beards, it just makes us all look alike.

caturday caturday caturday.....

Most valuable varmint control animal on the farm. I have known a few. Most were feral but a couple were house cats that preferred to feed themselves.

Yo stoners 1st off a big :thanks: to @Dale's Proper Bud for being a great friend :d5: So I've been down for about a week starting to feel somewhat better, Mrs. D isnt doing well back in ICU on vent and is in kidney failure the Dr. called about 1 hr ago and need permission for emergency dialysis to be started.

Oh wow Mate! My thoughts and prayers go with you.

speaking from a drummer'z point of view, jus the concept, let alone the actual act, of playing a guitar has alwayz totally boggled my mind :crying: :dizzy: ppp

Ya, I see some guys play and it just blows me away. Has to just be muscle memory and being in the zone.

I think everyone can feel music in their souls, but certain aspects stand out to each of us. Some pick out the drums in every song, others the guitar, bass, vocals, cowbell...

Sometimes (usually when high) I will focus on one thing in a song and visualize what that musician must be thinking, feeling, doing while playing in the Harmony with everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back