Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '22. 2700 pagez & 483k viewz

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Mephisto Wedding just doesn't want to finish,,,loaded with frost, but mostly clear trics, some opaque, and not a hint of amber on day 91!

But she is slowing down on the water consumption, as is the CDLC.

:jump: :jump: Came home today and S.O.D.K. is standing proud ready rock :headbang::woohoo: Couple more days till I'll chop the other girls and move her into the big tent... I need to check their trichz first :goodluck::pass:

IMG_1334.JPG

Good Morfnoevight All you happy humpday stoners!

Its sta-green potting mix from Lowes. I know its not the best, but its winter and they didn't have many options. My last grow I had horrible fungus gnats from their house brand compost mix, so I didn't want to use that again. I read the soil is a little hot, so I put some old potting mix out of a previous grow in the center so the plants will have some time to grow before they hit the stronger stuff.

So far my seedlings seem to be doing fantastic, probably the fastest growing I've had so far out of 3 grows. The last one I had to ditch because the plants were so stunted due to issues.

Yeah, it seemed like the water was going through the media, just not absorbing at all. I did some googling, and I decided to add a drop of dish soap as a surfactant to my water. I re-watered them with that about 15 minutes ago and the water didn't come out the bottom into the drip trays. So I think it was absorbed much better this time. I hope once I get the soil actually moist it will stop being like a dry sponge, and actually absorb some water.

I watered 2 days ago, and at 6 inches deep the soil was so dry it was dusty this morning.
@Blue_dreamer Welcome to AFN.

What you need to learn about watering will come with practice. Here are the basic rules: Never let the soil dry out. Soil and or coco can become hydrophobic if allowed to dry. This means it repels water. This in turn will create dry pockets in the soil and the roots and microbes will die there. If your soil - coco have accidentally dried out use a surfactant to help re-wet it. I like yucca powder. Don't let soil remain soggy by watering too much too often. Root rot, damping off, molds, fungus gnats and other problems start in soggy soil. When you do water water the entire pot. How to learn when to water starts before you plant the seed. Fill your container with fresh soil/coco and weigh it (heft it) this is the lightest weight and consider it a dry pot. Now slowly water until the soil/coco will no longer absorb the water and run-off begins; weigh the pot (heft it) this is the maximum water, the wettest the pot can get. The difference between wettest and driest is the maximum water weight, for ease of explanation lets just say the water weighs 20 pounds. When the pot loses 10 pounds (half of the water weight) it is time to water again. Slowly wet ALL of the soil until run-off begins. There is an art to watering.

:goodluck:

Man….the peanut butter cups have too much sativa in them to be used for sleep….but hot damn! They sure make the day enjoyable :headbang:
Speedy's Peanut butter cups Varoooom varoooom...............

Damn…..and I’m putting on a hoodie to walk the dog….a nipple hardening 51f out :haha:
I was freezing my nips in a down coat yesterday. My hands in my insulated gloves inside my insulated pockets were not quite cold enough for the pain to be stopped by numbness, and my feet were blocks of bloody ice by the time I got back to the car. And my face was
very red. From -14C wind chill.

...I watered 2 days ago, and at 6 inches deep the soil was so dry it was dusty this morning.
Wow, that is a problem. You need to get that stuff wet again, and pronto if there are plants in there already. No part of your pot should ever get that dry while you are growing in it.

Is this stuff already planted, or are you just getting it ready?:pighug:

@Dale's Proper Bud - Have you got a photoperiod you want to take a clone off of? I've taken a couple on a recent photo I grew but I didn't want to say anything about it in case:

A) It didn't work
B) It would annoy the breeder

That said... it worked! And all I did was snip a short branch and set it in a shotglass of tap water. It takes a long time but one day they just explode with roots. I had left some on a window sill and a couple I put inside the grow tents. No difference. Just have to wait and don't let the water go below the end of the stem.

Super easy. If you're like me and don't need 1000 plants and have no time deadline this works. I did read about it online somewhere so I tried it. I'm sure someone can say why it's not correct but heck.... Snip, shotglass, wait.

If it does't work well, I still have seeds!

@Dale's Proper Bud - Have you got a photoperiod you want to take a clone off of? I've taken a couple on a recent photo I grew but I didn't want to say anything about it in case:

A) It didn't work
B) It would annoy the breeder

That said... it worked! And all I did was snip a short branch and set it in a shotglass of tap water. It takes a long time but one day they just explode with roots. I had left some on a window sill and a couple I put inside the grow tents. No difference. Just have to wait and don't let the water go below the end of the stem.

Super easy. If you're like me and don't need 1000 plants and have no time deadline this works. I did read about it online somewhere so I tried it. I'm sure someone can say why it's not correct but heck.... Snip, shotglass, wait.

If it does't work well, I still have seeds!
Nope just growing auto’s and not planing on cloning anything atm moment but if I did it would be an auto just for fun and ya know science :haha::vibe:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back