Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '22. 2700 pagez & 483k viewz

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure yet, but I think both the dearest and I are losing our cold tolerance. Given how miserable I was at -14 yesterday, I am not sure how in hell I used to enjoy back country skiing at -20C. Brrrr indeed. :biggrin:
Its a balmy 62 this morning for me! Weather says supposed to be 72 today but it’s raining off n on at the moment! :d5:

This premixed soil I am using for my current grow really doesn't want to absorb water. Its loose, it has a lot of peatmoss and nice organic matter in it, but it seems like water just goes right through it without being absorbed.

Any advice?

I was thinking about getting a larger bucket and letting the buckets of soil soak in water for a few minutes, instead of just pouring it through?

Is it worth using a wetting agent?
Whenever i reuse soil i topdress yucca meal as the last step at same time i add skeeter bits! Gently mix into very top if soil! I only need like a big teaspoons worth for my 10gal pots so doesnt take much! Works like the liquid stuff but its a once a grow (more or less) topdressing vs adding to your feed water on the regular!

If you would be so kind, what is your bud to oil ratio for the Ardent? Need to break mine out of the box. Had the thing since labor day and haven't used it yet...:face:

You will probably need to do a little test and tune to get your "ideal" ratios. Do expect the dry herbs to absorb a bit of the oil. When doing a full batch of gummies we use 10g of plant material just cut with scissors and usually 70ml of MCT oil. I tend to get about 50ml of oil out. I use a french press to filter and press on the material a bit and get more out of it.

I have started wearing a couple gloves and squeezing the plant material to get the last few ml's out but the risk of plant bits goes up. Not too badly though.

The decarb cycle takes about 3 full hours to heat and cool down. Same with the infusion cycle. Both are dependent on how much "stuff" you put in but if you count on the longer cycle you'll be ready and can plan your day around it.Once the decarb is done, you can pour directly into the vessel. We use the silicone sleeve. If you have one once you pour the oil in, I usually fold the sides in a little and crush the plant bits down to make sure they are covered in the oil. I don't grind, just a bit of smooshing. Good luck! It's an excellent machine.

Recent batch was 4g herb and 50ml oil - I think I managed to get 40ml out and it was only slightly less potent than the 10g/70ml I usually run. So yeah, a couple test runs might be needed just to see where you end up. I like the 10g load as the press can reach the "puck" better and the 50ml is what I'm used to using although the recent smaller run suggests I'm wasting a bit.

Ok that's enough of a book isn't it?

I have no experience with the dish soap as a wetting agent I use npk industries RAW yucca… it definitely helps make water absorb better…. I haven’t used that soil either so guess I am not much help:shrug::goodluck:
Shouldn’t use no dawn u should use castile soap if u are using it as a wetting agent! Dr Bronners peppermint stuff is best option! Smells good and only need 6 drops or so per gallon! ;)

You will probably need to do a little test and tune to get your "ideal" ratios. Do expect the dry herbs to absorb a bit of the oil. When doing a full batch of gummies we use 10g of plant material just cut with scissors and usually 70ml of MCT oil. I tend to get about 50ml of oil out. I use a french press to filter and press on the material a bit and get more out of it.

I have started wearing a couple gloves and squeezing the plant material to get the last few ml's out but the risk of plant bits goes up. Not too badly though.

The decarb cycle takes about 3 full hours to heat and cool down. Same with the infusion cycle. Both are dependent on how much "stuff" you put in but if you count on the longer cycle you'll be ready and can plan your day around it.Once the decarb is done, you can pour directly into the vessel. We use the silicone sleeve. If you have one once you pour the oil in, I usually fold the sides in a little and crush the plant bits down to make sure they are covered in the oil. I don't grind, just a bit of smooshing. Good luck! It's an excellent machine.

Recent batch was 4g herb and 50ml oil - I think I managed to get 40ml out and it was only slightly less potent than the 10g/70ml I usually run. So yeah, a couple test runs might be needed just to see where you end up. I like the 10g load as the press can reach the "puck" better and the 50ml is what I'm used to using although the recent smaller run suggests I'm wasting a bit.

Ok that's enough of a book isn't it?
We prob shoulda asked which Ardent he got! Def huge difference between size of Nova and the FX so that’ll determine how much he should he using!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back