Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '22. 2700 pagez & 483k viewz

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stopped using my dehumidifier when it started spewing mold. The coils got dirty and damp (moldy) and when it kicked on it blew it on my plants.
I did clean it but started using the open window method and it is working better for me
You know I thought about getting one for the summer and I never thought about cleaning anything other than the reservoir out.

Wait a humidifier or a dehumidifier? The way you have this worded makes me think dehumidifier
Yup dehumidifier otherwise I would never get my rh in check… had my gravity drain plug couple times didn’t realize it till I couldn’t figure why my rh was so high… during the winter I could probably get away with out one but summer no way I had hard time keeping rh in check with that

Yup dehumidifier otherwise I would never get my rh in check… had my gravity drain plug couple times didn’t realize it till I couldn’t figure why my rh was so high… during the winter I could probably get away with out one but summer no way I had hard time keeping rh in check with that
IMO if you can keep your lung room <50% with good airflow you should be fine that’s what I do at least :shrug::goodluck::pop:

As far as raising the humidity I stopped using my humidifier and now use the natural humidity climb in fall in my basement as my time for veg growing. Very seasonal
Same for me I only humidifier during the first couple weeks to keep rh up for the babies once they are established I don’t worry as much :headbang:

i only use a humidifier for seedlings and clones, i learned that where i am and my area, my plants don't mind 40-65% RH and grow just fine with airflow, no mold yet (knock on wood)

I have always use Root Riot. I put the seed direct in Root Riot and then immediately place RR in my a 3 x 3 rock wool cube. Then that all goes into the coco.

Love and Light to everyone.
I would try them if they stored dry or lasted for years after open. I'm not willing to chuck most of them out because I didn't use them all soon enough. The Jiffys seem to work very well for me, the variation in performance seems to be down to the seeds or my screwups, not the plugs. I suspect that the aeration of the Riots might be a bit more effective than the peat plugs. For sure, the peat plugs can be overwatered, especially when the seed is just getting started. The root riots look looser in structure with more voids for air.

Do you soak your seeds until they have a tail before putting them in the Root Riots?

IMO if you can keep your lung room <50% with good airflow you should be fine that’s what I do at least :shrug::goodluck::pop:
I mean according to my tents probe thats where Im at and all my plants seem to be doing just fine, just those super droopy leaves and stems are bothering me cuz its so localized on that plant. Just those 2 branches from that very first node on the plant.

Was wondering if anyone else ran into a similar issue. If its something that might spread or become a problem later and can be amended especially if its in the soil Id like to know if I can fix it before chopping the branches before knowing if it will affect the rest of the plant. Right now I think its just those 2 branches because the rest of the plant is healthy but they are the oldest 2 branches and if the others take a turn as they age I need to know what to do. Or at least thats what I think is the safest bet.

They are under developed compared to the branches at the very next node above this one though. So Im wondering if they just got 0 light and 0 air circulation for most of the time they formed the fan leaves I stripped were bigger than my hands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back