Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '22. 2700 pagez & 483k viewz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Color in the buds of the 2x4
100_0543.JPG
100_0544.JPG
100_0545.JPG

Good at that temp the RH will be low. Let Mother nature work for you. :vibe: Cold here to brother but this method works well for me and my set up. Those dehumidifiers are costly to run
Really that low?! How are you maintaining 74° with a window open if its cold outside? I thought about cracking a window when my temps got up to 80 after opening the register in my basement but I got that back under control by dampening off that register a bit. I suppose I could just open it back up

Lower? I though it was bad if it was in the 60% range in flower, and ideally if your temps were in the low 70s you wanted the rh in the mid to low 50% range in veg and in the 45-50% range during flower. And if the temps got in the mid to low 60s is when there was a real chance for bud rot and mold if the humidity was in the 50% ish range. Am I reading wrong info. I swear I read that in my bible. But its been a couple years since I read it, I could be remembering it wrong.

i totally would open a window but its only 19° outside

My 4x4 with 4 big plants in it hangs at around 76f and 60%rh. If your tent is cold pop a small desktop heater in there on an inkbird controller. I've not had an issue with RH through flower even with it in the high 50's to 65%. I do run a humidifier inside the tent to bring the RH up and a dehumidifier in the room outside. Let the exhaust fan pull as much dry air as needed. I remove the in tent humidifier once the plants are large enough to maintain their own environment.

Currently the dehumidifier is blowing directly into the intake to try and keep the RH in the low 60% range. As long as you have some air movement and fans I don't think you would have a mold issue. I do keep one fan on 24hrs not pointed at the plants, just at the ceiling of the tent to keep air circulating. Two oscillating fans during lights on.

My 4x4 with 4 big plants in it hangs at around 76f and 60%rh. If your tent is cold pop a small desktop heater in there on an inkbird controller. I've not had an issue with RH through flower even with it in the high 50's to 65%. I do run a humidifier inside the tent to bring the RH up and a dehumidifier in the room outside. Let the exhaust fan pull as much dry air as needed. I remove the in tent humidifier once the plants are large enough to maintain their own environment.

Currently the dehumidifier is blowing directly into the intake to try and keep the RH in the low 60% range. As long as you have some air movement and fans I don't think you would have a mold issue. I do keep one fan on 24hrs not pointed at the plants, just at the ceiling of the tent to keep air circulating. Two oscillating fans during lights on.
Tent isnt cold much, sometimes if it warms up outside and my furnace doesnt run as often the temps drop to 68° during the day and if it stays warm at night ive seen it get down to 65. But if its under 30° outside ive got it dialed in right now to stay between 70-75° lights on and 66-69° at night which Im pretty pleased with.

My rh on the other hand is all over the place, lights on it varies throughout the day from 37%-52% usually hovering in the mid 40s. Surprisingly cuz I think im relying on dry heat from my furnace the rh doesnt climb that high lights out. Highest its been according to my controller is 63% and the lowest is 53% as long as my probe is in a good location. Sometimes it slacks up and drops into a pot or on the ground. Its hard to get it in a good spot without zip tying a bunch of cable to places so the 15ft cord is out of the way. I really should get a stand alone unit I can move around the tent easier though.

It is a balancing act for sure. In tents the temp may be a bit higher. The HPS lights in this set up give off enough heat for my registers to be closed. Yes, this temp stays stable I close the window at lights off.
After I water at lights on the humidity climbs levels off then drops.
This is just what this stoner does :d5: There are a lot of variables to align to make things work. At 50% RH I am guaranteed mold

It is a balancing act for sure. In tents the temp may be a bit higher. The HPS lights in this set up give off enough heat for my registers to be closed. Yes, this temp stays stable I close the window at lights off.
After I water at lights on the humidity climbs levels off then drops.
This is just what this stoner does :d5: There are a lot of variables to align to make things work. At 50% RH I am guaranteed mold
I can definitely see how your personal local can effect the environment you have to grow in. Since I havent completed a full grow in a tent before Im just going off what Im gonna call weed growing SOP lmao. Just trying to follow the standards and get my first run from seed to harvest completed so I can get a better handle on stuff like environmental quirks like this.

Seemed to be working well when I was growing my caramel cream during flower. Now if I wasnt a dumbass and left my basement lights on it probably wouldnt have hermied and pollinated itself. Id also have my first homegrown batch to smoke on, be curing rn but Id definitely have smoked some by now. But thats a completely different issue lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back