Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '22. 2700 pagez & 483k viewz

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I know that this isnt technically the right place but theres a lot of experience in this thread

Noticed some droopy leaves and stems on only 2 branches of my watermelon zkittles 4 days ago while watering. They are the lowest 2 branches on the plant. 1 branch is growing fine but fan leaves on one side have basically 0 rigidity to them at all. Mirroring side is the one I took a pic of. Main branch has rigidity to it but the leaves basically have none.

View attachment 1544380
View attachment 1544381
Tent conditions. Temps and humidity tend to fluctuate a bit usually about +/- 3°-4° from 71, usually only goes below when lights are off. Humidity swings a little more. Even with a humidifier rated for a room as big as my basement humidity usually tops out at 48% and Ive seen it as low as 37% but only right before I need to water. Seems to usually be where it is now though.

Heres the rest of the plant. For a comparison, like I said Im not really concerned just wondering what would cause something like this and why its so isolated.
View attachment 1544382
I did trim that lowest fan leaf set off just to make top watering access easier and I thought maybe it would help improve airflow and light penetration to that area. Did that yesterday but cam res was set too high. So no pic rn
Looks like a little nitrogen curl and I wouldn't worry. Your humidity is going to be an issue in flower. It needs to be lower. If the outside humidity is lower open a basement window and start a fan near. Works for me

So I know that this isnt technically the right place but theres a lot of experience in this thread

Noticed some droopy leaves and stems on only 2 branches of my watermelon zkittles 4 days ago while watering. They are the lowest 2 branches on the plant. 1 branch is growing fine but fan leaves on one side have basically 0 rigidity to them at all. Mirroring side is the one I took a pic of. Main branch has rigidity to it but the leaves basically have none.

View attachment 1544380
View attachment 1544381
Tent conditions. Temps and humidity tend to fluctuate a bit usually about +/- 3°-4° from 71, usually only goes below when lights are off. Humidity swings a little more. Even with a humidifier rated for a room as big as my basement humidity usually tops out at 48% and Ive seen it as low as 37% but only right before I need to water. Seems to usually be where it is now though.

Heres the rest of the plant. For a comparison, like I said Im not really concerned just wondering what would cause something like this and why its so isolated.
View attachment 1544382
I did trim that lowest fan leaf set off just to make top watering access easier and I thought maybe it would help improve airflow and light penetration to that area. Did that yesterday but cam res was set too high. So no pic rn
:shrug: Over/underwatered? Or lighting? That’s the biggest issue that make my plants droopy…. Stiff stem droopy leafs says overwatered:shrug::goodluck:

Im trying hard to get it better, I thought in veg tho you wanted it at 1.0-1.1, at least thats what I read somewhere online.

My problem right now is the exhaust is pretty much as low as I can go without some kind of green algae or moss growing on the surface of my soil. I can bump it down 10% more but it doesnt really help since the temp gets a little higher too. And I dont wanna turn my 6" fan up to help circulate air because even when its pointing at a wall the closest plants start developing windburn. Looking into getting a larger humidifier. The one I have says its good for up to 1000sq ft but I dont think thats accurate cuz my basement is only about 800.

Thats about all I can think of doing to try and get it in the right area
Just do what ya can, when ya can, with what ya have.
In the app store for your phone, look up vpd calculator and it's by gROBOT.
It's a good guide

Looks like a little nitrogen curl and I wouldn't worry. Your humidity is going to be an issue in flower. It needs to be lower. If the outside humidity is lower open a basement window and start a fan near. Works for me
Lower? I though it was bad if it was in the 60% range in flower, and ideally if your temps were in the low 70s you wanted the rh in the mid to low 50% range in veg and in the 45-50% range during flower. And if the temps got in the mid to low 60s is when there was a real chance for bud rot and mold if the humidity was in the 50% ish range. Am I reading wrong info. I swear I read that in my bible. But its been a couple years since I read it, I could be remembering it wrong.

i totally would open a window but its only 19° outside :snow2:

Morning boss raining bay here too but halfway warm at 40f :woohoo:
Nice playlist this morning :cooldance::headbang:
DF48FA90-0C84-46A5-AA4F-09310B7D4D64.png

My girls this morning!
4x4 has several girls close to chop!
100_0541.JPG

100_0559.JPG

100_0550.JPG
100_0562.JPG

2x4 girls are just now beginning show signs of fade with new color coming in.
100_0542.JPG
100_0556.JPG

100_0549.JPG
100_0547.JPG
100_0548.JPG

2.3x2.3 tent with Purple Kong is still just green AF and making bud......just keeps surprising me!
100_0558.JPG

Last edited:
Just do what ya can, when ya can, with what ya have.
In the app store for your phone, look up vpd calculator and it's by gROBOT.
It's a good guide
I couldnt find that one but I found another with a high rating. I also just realized my vpd on my controller is probably wrong I never took a reading of the actual leaf temp on this run. I borrowed my dads laser thermometer last time, right now my system thinks the air and leaf temp are the same. I should probably fix that.

Good at that temp the RH will be low. Let Mother nature work for you. :vibe: Cold here to brother but this method works well for me and my set up. Those dehumidifiers are costly to run

Attachments

• 100_4234.JPG
    100_4234.JPG
    362.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 100_4233.JPG
    100_4233.JPG
    324 KB · Views: 13
  • 100_4232.JPG
    100_4232.JPG
    352.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 100_4231.JPG
    100_4231.JPG