Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '22. 2700 pagez & 483k viewz

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted a bike since high school and finally got 1 and other then the test drive i never rode it before I sold it! Im a skinny guy (yes even with all the damn cookies ;)) and figured if i was ever in an accident I’d prob crumble to dust! That and the fact doctors had me on oxycodone and xanax i figured that wasn't a wise combo for being out on a 2 wheeled death mobile! Wound up selling it back to dude i got it from! :rofl:
Strange fact about me is that I'm more inclined to watch my drinking if I'm on 2 wheels instead of 4....

Best of luck with the purchase! Looks like a real sweet BSA. I have a special place in my heart for cafes. Just recently had to sell my 74 CB750 restomod and I still regret it. Took me 3 years to build this beauty. View attachment 1544052
Lol...when your my age you'll be looking for one like it to relive your youth..

I built a chopper back in 04-05. Wish I still had it….. Was alot of fun building and riding. It had a juiced up buell motor…..shorty, straight pipes, radical cams. Put out 104 hp on the dyno and was scary fast…. And a hard tail lol.
Only pics left of my build half way through.
20170102_180140.jpg

If I remember right, this was the point I bugied the battery in, cobbed a fuel line and gave it a quick run around the yard....can see the aligator clip I used along the rear frame rail.....back cylinder blowing hot exhaust cross my nether region.
20170102_180220.jpg
20170102_180510.jpg

My inherited sporty.
20180109_154428.jpg

And my big girl.
20160428_114100.jpg
20160428_113613.jpg

Last edited:
Quoting myself cuz forgot to add this but is my point exactly on not trusting the other drivers out on the roads here! Dude up at the corner gas station may be like 20yrs old and for his first vehicle he bought a 250cc lil ninja and in just over a year he’s already had 3 accidents! First 2 times just screwed up the bike (once was totaled) and then 3rd accident not only totaled his second bike but also broke his arm in multiple spots to where he was outta work almost 3 months! No thanks not for me!
All my biker acquaintances are dead or crippled. In my youth I did some moving work for a member of a Buffalo bike club called the Road Vultures. When he was 28 he looked 75, with metal plates and pins patching him up from various motorcycle accidents. Legend has it that he died one summer night at a biker convention in CA. Bikers were zooming up and down the highway showing off their rides and skills. He rode between the headlights of 2 oncoming bikes. It was a truck.

No worries...I'll give her today to think about me thinking about it, then I'll remind her of all the stuff she talked me into buying that we lost money on, then remind her of the stuff I talked her into buying that we made money on, then remind her of all the side gig money I've just plowed into our economy with no thought and let her know THAT SHIT WILL END......mine is mine at that point.
U could always just raise your prices to cover it! ;) :d5:

Strange fact about me is that I'm more inclined to watch my drinking if I'm on 2 wheels instead of 4....
I dont drink at all so no worries there! I could prob get an alcohol buzz off the strength of the tincture in my gummies if i ate enough of them! And quit pills in May of 2019 so no worries on that front either! :rofl:

Best of luck with the purchase! Looks like a real sweet BSA. I have a special place in my heart for cafes. Just recently had to sell my 74 CB750 restomod and I still regret it. Took me 3 years to build this beauty. View attachment 1544052
Shame! NICE bike!
My bud out in Phoenix built a Turbo Harley Cafe Racer and took it to Bonneville and blew away the record for that class. With ALL the different classes, I don't remember which class.
His first one had a turbo from a Subaru WRX. The turbo map wasn't really ideal, I sent it to the guy that rebuilt all my turbos. He rebuilt it and changed the exhaust wheel to get it closer, but still not really ideal. I adapted a gauge style Turbo Smart controller. He ran it for a bit with just the waste gate spring and no controller. When the boost hit, it ramped way too quickly and it was just a wheelie monster.
On his second rendition with his girlfriend's bike, I sent the specs to my turbo guy and he gave me a few options. Her bike had a much bigger displacement engine, stretched frame and changed the angle of the forks.It was more of a purpose built bike for a land speed record, but still a good streetable bike. With the different style of turbo, we could design a better controllable system and far more efficient. Same simple Turbo Smart controller, the smallest BOV I've ever used and a redesigned intake manifold, the new design flowed amazingly.
Both bikes were fuel injected and had to be tuned. What a primitive system Harley used. The first bike used the stock computer and wiring with aftermarket tuning software. Jason used the software he had been using and it was such a pain! Nipped quite a few plugs before it was finished. I really didn't like the tune that much we came up with street tuning. The deadline to make the Salt Flatts was to close to get a spot on a motorcycle dyno for a couple hours.
The second bike got the aftermarket computer, wiring harness with it's particular tuning software. MUCH better system in all aspects. The software was almost the same as the one I had used for a couple of years. I got the dyno time and I had the bike fully tuned in a little over an hour. Not because of any special skills I had, it was just the easy system and software.
His girl's bike was just a fast ass beast. The torque was just plain stupid with the big twin. Even with the lowest settings and ramp rates on the boost controller, you'd better be a bit forward on the bike at anything above half throttle.......and that was with my big ass riding it. I'm glad to have put a few hours under my belt with that bike, but if it had been mine, I would have eventually killed myself.............but what a way to go!
My first bike was a Honda V65 Interceptor, I say it was the first real super bike in modern/er times.... the Vincent of the 80s. Such a FUN bike and torquey as hell with that V4 and a well balanced bike. Her bike was in the same fun zone.
He later converted the

Happy Monday live stoners! The weather is dictating i spend my day off inside, taking rosin dabs and playing video games! Oh, and waiting for my prize from @Marshydro to get here! Fc6500 is out for delivery!

Friendly reminder that Build a Soil's black Friday sale ends at 4pm mountain time today. I was able to get Craft Blend, Build a Flower, Rootwise, EM-5, and freeze Dried Coconut Powder for less than $100 delivered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back