Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '22. 2700 pagez & 483k viewz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, probably. If the pipe won't get hot enough to melt solder, it's not empty enough. Actually you didn't have to drain the whole tank, just turn off the cold water supply to the tank, open all the hot water taps, and drain a little water from the tank usually would do. Sorry! On the upside, you don't have to drain the sludge at the bottom of the tank for another year.
Oh idk if it actually drained the tank, I only did it from the taps/showers lol. I cut off the water going into the tank and just let everything run until nothing else came out. I can't get into the closet of doom well enough to actually get at the water heater but the valve was up top and easy enough to reach.

Interesting weather alert for my area at the East end of Lake Erie. I warmed up the snow blower just in case:

...LAKE EFFECT SNOW WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 1 PM EST SUNDAY... WHAT...Heavy lake effect snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 2 to 4 feet in the most persistent lake snows. The greatest risk of the highest totals will be from South Buffalo to Lancaster. The heaviest snow is expected late this evening through Friday night when snowfall rates could exceed 3 inches per hour. Winds gusting as high as 35 mph will produce patchy blowing snow.
I do like snow, but that is a crippling amount!

I seen someplace up your way was forecasted to get up to 6 feet of snow......down here in the Catskill mtn area we still get snow that is lake affect, but it is just a very light snow all day long.

I do like snow, but that is a crippling amount!

I seen someplace up your way was forecasted to get up to 6 feet of snow......down here in the Catskill mtn area we still get snow that is lake affect, but it is just a very light snow all day long.
I think @Dale's Proper Bud said they could get 4’-6’ :yoinks::pass:

So new question, isn't a p trap supposed to have a slip coupling on the other side of it so it can be removed? Everything from like 4" above it on the sink side all the way into the wall appears to be completely glued together

20221117_204249.jpg

Hubby shoved the rag in there to keep the dogs from trying to drink out of it lol

Where the connection was (where the rag is) was two pieces of pipe with one of those rubber sleeves cinched over both sides :face: and then the sink drain itself wasn't even attached to the pipe at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back