Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '22. 2700 pagez & 483k viewz

Status
Not open for further replies.
So guys question here. It seems like my soil is developing some kind of algae in 2 of my pots. Theres a slight tinge of green, is this something I need to fix?View attachment 1537708View attachment 1537709
I forgot to put my conditions up here. My tent is hovering right around 69°F and the humidity is fluctuating between 55% and 65%. I did notice my exhaust was not moving a lot of air, probably only about half the tents volume/min. I bumped it up to 50% to help move some air and moisture out. It was only set at 1, dont remember turning it down but it should be moving about dbl the tents volume/min now.

I take it u didn’t spring for the extended warranty? My Honeywell started acting funky so contacted warranty and got a brand new 1! Then my old 1 I finally cleaned tank (always just cleaned base) and realized the spot where water flows from tank into base had plugged up! Vinegar in tank opened the valve back up and old humidifier started working again like a champ!

Ya, no warranty lol but I actually like it better this way.

All the humidifiers and heaters lately have digital controls that reset every time the power goes off. Makes it to where you can't use things like a rainbird to control. Plus the power goes out enough here that I can't depend on it to stay set while I'm gone.

Had to find a manual heater for my dog's room, otherwise they would freeze whenever the power flickers and it's -20F out :snow2:

Trichoderma grows green! Did u add any kind of microbe product?
No not that I know of. The soil was dry packed fox farm happy frog, but the store didnt have enough for all 4 pots so I mixed the rest of my ocean forest from my last grow in there, which was still pretty moist, which surprised me alot, cuz I bought the ready to use 2cf bag like 5 months ago and it was like I just bought it still, like saturated wet still.

Ya, no warranty lol but I actually like it better this way.

All the humidifiers and heaters lately have digital controls that reset every time the power goes off. Makes it to where you can't use things like a rainbird to control. Plus the power goes out enough here that I can't depend on it to stay set while I'm gone.

Had to find a manual heater for my dog's room, otherwise they would freeze whenever the power flickers and it's -20F out :snow2:
That’s why I use the Honeywell with the old school knob control not the digital type! Works perfect on my inkbird controllers!
image.jpg

This is 1 they sent as the warranty replacement cuz they didn’t have the Honeywell one in stock!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back