Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first Cupper and outside. Her Buds give the peace sign :peace: Northern Lights photo
Northern Lights outdoor Cupper.JPG
Cupper.JPG

SHE IS IN!!! She's so excited. My baby is gonna be a "Little Mouse" in this year's Nutcracker! This is her first year at this new ballet school, a real pre-pro school as opposed to the money grab rec/comp school she's gone to the last two years. She did a 6 week summer class at the new school this summer, and has had all of 2 classes for this season at this new school. This kid has busted her butt all summer, doing "solo classes" downstairs in front of the TV and a mirror to work on her form. She's all but lived in nothing but leotards for months. She's been practicing her splits nonstop, and does over an hour of stretching a day. All on her own, I'm not motivated enough to push my kids in stuff and I really don't think its good either, I put her in classes cause she loves it but I'm happy with whatever she wants to do as long as she's happy. The determination and dedication of this kid is really something to see, definitely not a typical 7yo in that lol. She's hard headed and stubborn as all get out and when she sets her mind to doing something she's willing to do whatever it takes to get what she wants.

Anyhoo, I'm super excited for her too and beyond proud. She is ridiculously smart with a crazy vocabulary for her age but she has a hard time articulating due to a speech delay and a stutter. She's dyslexic and is still struggling with reading. Dance is her outlet, its her way of expressing herself. She has gained a huge amount of confidence over even just this summer and it just makes my heart happy to see her pursuing something she loves and doing it well enough to get a part in such an esteemed production. They had over 160 kids audition last Saturday, so its not like there was any shortage of choices either.

The best part is, she already has class from 11-1 on Saturdays, and rehearsals are from 1-2 on Saturdays, so no extra driving for me lmao.

I cannot express to yall how glad I am that I do not have to deal with her dealing with a soul crushing rejection tonight lol. Like, she *said* if she didn't get in she would be ok and it just meant she'd have to try even harder next year, but at 7 they are awfully fragile with that sort of thing and I really really didn't want her to just give up on something she loves so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back