So the doser drops pH up in the rez whenever it gets below a certain number. But if the mixer is off you have basically a puddle of pH up on the top/middle of the rez. Won't it give a bad reading to the doser and it'll keep adding pH up? Then the mixer comes on and it's way off with no way to pH down after it's mixed :pass: I've been looking at dosers for a while and am curious
Mine is set for ph down. There’s an alarm system where you set your lowest and highest ph preference and the machine will not dose if outside those parameters. My preferred ph is 5.8 so I set my low alarm to 5.5 and high to 6.2. The ph meter sits near the bottom, my pump is a little lower than mid tank and so far when the pump is running the ph will occasionally drop to 5.7. My cycle time is 5 seconds on and 10 minutes off so every 10 minutes it takes a reading and if the ph is above 5.8 it will pump for 5 seconds which drops 1ml into the tank. If the ph is 5.8 or lower it will not dose and check again in 10 minutes. When I first fired it up my ph was 6.1 and took about 2 hours (10-12 cycles) to get to 5.8 and is holding steady. The key is not dropping my ph by more than 0.1 after three cycles so I started with the 5/10 cycle and haven’t had to adjust it yet, seems to be perfect for my res.

*green Japanese maple
1000025194.gif

Mine is set for ph down. There’s an alarm system where you set your lowest and highest ph preference and the machine will not dose if outside those parameters. My preferred ph is 5.8 so I set my low alarm to 5.5 and high to 6.2. The ph meter sits near the bottom, my pump is a little lower than mid tank and so far when the pump is running the ph will occasionally drop to 5.7. My cycle time is 5 seconds on and 10 minutes off so every 10 minutes it takes a reading and if the ph is above 5.8 it will pump for 5 seconds which drops 1ml into the tank. If the ph is 5.8 or lower it will not dose and check again in 10 minutes. When I first fired it up my ph was 6.1 and took about 2 hours (10-12 cycles) to get to 5.8 and is holding steady. The key is not dropping my ph by more than 0.1 after three cycles so I started with the 5/10 cycle and haven’t had to adjust it yet, seems to be perfect for my res.
Keep us updated. I've been looking at them for a while but I think you're the only one around here to pull the trigger on one :pass:

20240819040031_IMG_1215~2.JPG

20240819040659_IMG_1216~2.JPG

Bacon shanks.........?.............:chef:....

Or lamb chops......?...... English cut.......

IMG_1237~3.JPG

Anyone got the munchies.......?......................................
swedish-chef.gif
......... oooops....

cheshire-cat.gif

Keep us updated. I've been looking at them for a while but I think you're the only one around here to pull the trigger on one :pass:
I sure will. @Dankerson has one arriving soon I’m sure you’ll read about it in his grow thread as well.

Back