Status
Not open for further replies.
Since when is Saturday mid week??? :shrug::crying:
No, if I don't chop it today/tomorrow, I will likely chop it during the week because I don't want mold to form on the dieing/yellowing leaves. I removed a bunch and in my experience, those cut ends can really promote mold growth at this point.

No, if I don't chop it today/tomorrow, I will likely chop it during the week because I don't want mold to form on the dieing/yellowing leaves. I removed a bunch and in my experience, those cut ends can really promote mold growth at this point.
Why are you cutting them? You’re right about the cut ends leaking moisture into the bud and causing rot.

Two things…. Fans not stemming from within a bud should just get snapped off, not leaving a stem…. You want to snap flush with the branch.

Leaves stemming from within a bud should be left alone to completely die and wilt on their own, and easily plucked off. Doing this will ensure the plant has shut off the supply to that leaf….no mold.

:pass:

Mephisto Genetics
Dosidelirium X Iced 'N' Baked Tester
Day 69

Screenshot_2024-07-06-12-04-56-659.jpg

:bow:

Why are you cutting them? You’re right about the cut ends leaking moisture into the bud and causing rot.

Two things…. Fans not stemming from within a bud should just get snapped off, not leaving a stem…. You want to snap flush with the branch.

Leaves stemming from within a bud should be left alone to completely die and wilt on their own, and easily plucked off. Doing this will ensure the plant has shut off the supply to that leaf….no mold.

:pass:
She yellowed out early and I had dieing leaves draping over buds and stuck between buds. I removed them to by me another week or so but I'm on the tail end of that now. Despite looking good, I know it could go another week or so but I worry this close to the end.

Afternoon @PinkyNotTheBrain :bighug: .. how you doing..,?........
Im not great but I'm tryna hold on. This infection is supposedly " contained" but they can't kill it . I can't get stronger or get back to eating normal because of it so Im just stuck in the same spot. I have to keep stop eating as well for the tests to be sure it's not spreading so i step forward step back n step forward step back, i been doing therapy basically since I got to the good hospital but im not progressing because I can't get the weight put on to build the muscle. Im very frustrated.

Happy Caturday folks! I'm currently in bed surrounded by cats. :bighug:

Quick question.

I'm just about to harvest and going for a whole plant hang. Should I remove some of the bigger fan leaves or not?

Cheers
Qb
I tried that once, and won't be doing it again. The sugar leaves and small fans that wilt and stick themselves to the buds make final trimming a massive pain in the ass. I am now back to a complete wet trim either to final bud or whole branches, and then into brown paper bags for the dry, and into Grove Bags for the cure.

Good luck with it. :pighug:

I tried that once, and won't be doing it again. The sugar leaves and small fans that wilt and stick themselves to the buds make final trimming a massive pain in the ass. I am now back to a complete wet trim either to final bud or whole branches, and then into brown paper bags for the dry, and into Grove Bags for the cure.

Good luck with it. :pighug:
Thanks mate. I've normally went for the brown bag method but I did the whole plant hang for the first time on my last grow and I thought the end result was better in-terms of taste and smell.

Just got a trim bin and one of those cannabrushes to see how they work. Hopefully the trim bin will help with the back pain I get when trimming.

Anyone used a cannabrush before and have an opinion or best way to use it?

Qb

Im not great but I'm tryna hold on. This infection is supposedly " contained" but they can't kill it . I can't get stronger or get back to eating normal because of it so Im just stuck in the same spot. I have to keep stop eating as well for the tests to be sure it's not spreading so i step forward step back n step forward step back, i been doing therapy basically since I got to the good hospital but im not progressing because I can't get the weight put on to build the muscle. Im very frustrated.
:bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
The Dude sends good vibes your way my friend
IMG_2485.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back