Theres so much misinformation everywhere, from those who have experience in 2’x2’ tents, is my spider farmer sf1000 enough light? I dont even know if i can trust what manufacturers say. Im growing in a 2’x2’x4’ tent amd dont have the spare change for a decent light meter/tester.
Get the light meter app Photone for IPhone or Android. It is not prefect but it is going to be close enough for our work. You may need to do some calculations depending on the kind of phone you have.

As far as lights are concerned get a fixture rated for a larger area than you have and dim it down. It is more efficient and puts less heat in the grow tent. I run mine at ~60% of maximum to get the needed DLI in 18 hours.

Get the light meter app Photone for IPhone or Android. It is not prefect but it is going to be close enough for our work. You may need to do some calculations depending on the kind of phone you have.

As far as lights are concerned get a fixture rated for a larger area than you have and dim it down. It is more efficient and puts less heat in the grow tent. I run mine at ~60% of maximum to get the needed DLI in 18 hours.
I mean spider farmer says its good for up to a 3’x3’ in the specs but is marketed as designed for a 2’x2’. Was thinking of adding a second sf1000, maybe next grow depending on this one, or is there a specific light you would use in a 2’x2’?

@KingRatt instead of a beauty contest figure out what you want in a light first that is important to your grow. Budget, how much you can afford. PPFD in 12 hours needs to equal at least 50 DLI so you can grow photoperiod plants if you want. So you want ~1200 PPFD average at 18" of height. That means for Autos you will be running your lights at ~600PPFD for 18 hours or about 50% power oh your lights.

Then you want to consider the spectrum of the light:

2024-09-18_14-45-42.jpg

Oops I lost the red heavy picture:haha:

I mean spider farmer says its good for up to a 3’x3’ in the specs but is marketed as designed for a 2’x2’. Was thinking of adding a second sf1000, maybe next grow depending on this one, or is there a specific light you would use in a 2’x2’?

Generally they give you a veg and flower foot print so the light would probably be fine vegging in a 3x3 but not flowering in a 3x3

Question!!! What light do you use in your 2’x2’s???

I ran a MH FC-3000 in my 3x3 and now I run Philzon FD-450 in there now both gave me plenty of light still dialing in the new light definitely don't need 100% with the 450 watt. I run a 720 watt light in my 5x5 and have never needed 100% typically run 600-700 watts in there.

Back