Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd double check that info. A little algae probably won't hurt anything, but a bunch of it is really not the kind of biology that works with the plant to help it grow.
All you need for "sunblock for the roots" is some straw mulch.
View attachment 1617456
I use hydroguard I don't still don't trust it...

My tomatoes in kratky hydroponics are outside in 90* weather and the last month and a half the roots have been absolutely covered in green algae. They don't seem to give a crap and are producing like absolutely crazy.

I wouldn't use it on my plants. It does stink alot though, and will plug the outlet. :pass:
Me either...it don't look good for them..I'm just saying what he said...and I seen the pics..it's crazy how much there was and didn't effect his plants...

My tomatoes in kratky hydroponics are outside in 90* weather and the last month and a half the roots have been absolutely covered in green algae. They don't seem to give a crap and are producing like absolutely crazy.
From what I've seen no harm..

From what I've seen no harm..

Yeah, people on the hydroponics subreddits freak out about algae. And I'm just not seeing any real issues. I mean, yeah, too much and its taking away nutrients from your plants, but a little isn't going to hurt anything. Besides, they are breaking down nutrients into small components, so its good for the roots for nutrient uptake.

Yeah, people on the hydroponics subreddits freak out about algae. And I'm just not seeing any real issues. I mean, yeah, too much and its taking away nutrients from your plants, but a little isn't going to hurt anything. Besides, they are breaking down nutrients into small components, so its good for the roots for nutrient uptake.
I get algae in my pots all the time..the perlite seems to carry it and I have no issues....

Okay, well maybe it can be beneficial! Still, without knowing what species of algae I have on my soil, I'll be hesitant to further encourage its growth.
I just let it go...I use hydroguard it helps but there isn't one rockwool cubes that I havnt gotten algae on....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back