Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I understand that but also not looking to give my personal information out to just anybody :condom:“authorized vendors” are a different story.. It all good I’ll just wait for the day when the common folk can get them.. Until then there are plenty of other good genetics out there that are easily available stateside.. Guess I don’t even know why I complained I have no problem keeping slots filled in the ten

Yeah it’s more of that thinking there is something newer and better.. I got really excited when he became a vendor thinking we could buy from him/ support him :d5: but I get it not being about the money and can respect that:bow:
I'm a home breeder who makes strains because it's my life passion. I don't have any income from seeds and all I live off are my disability benefits.
I'm not a company or a business , I'm just one man . Lol
I share because I care.
I hope we can get some seeds to you in the future buddy.

Some yes and no I've had both turn out great and bad :shrug: The last round first round in earthbox did great rosin yielded better and was phenomenal but that could be strain dependent...
Sadly, clones are the best way to research comparative results from different media, nutes, etc.. Plants grown from seeds have genetic variation even within strains, so differences observed between a couple plants could have nothing to do with the thing being tested. With large sample sizes, a grower might gain more info from seed sourced plants, but not many of us have the space or money to do lots of plants for a comparison. And, multiple strains would have to be tested to ensure that results were not strain specific. So we could be talking dozens if not hundreds of plants necessary for clear differences to be documented in a way that would apply to general growing techniques.

Such tests present the same challenges as effective breeding programs - done properly they are a big job beyond most growers' available time, space, and resources. IMO, most of us would be better off just choosing an approach that fits best into our lives, and sticking with it to get good at it. Lots of approaches can reliably grow lots of good weed. Differences between them are, IMO, smaller than the differences between growers skills and experience. But, hey, I am pretty new at this mischief, so what do I know? :pighug:

Some yes and no I've had both turn out great and bad :shrug: The last round first round in earthbox did great rosin yielded better and was phenomenal but that could be strain dependent...
My observation between the two is soil/organic has a more pronounced 'full bodied' flavour.....

And the aroma...
200w (11).gif

Is that much more pronounced...
I'll never go back.

But hey..what do I know.
Ipb7.gif

Soil has potential to trace minerals in it which could contribute to developing taste.

I've seen coco grow bigger than soil, but maybe taste and size are exclusive to each other?

Soil has potential to trace minerals in it which could contribute to developing taste.

I've seen coco grow bigger than soil, but maybe taste and size are exclusive to each other?
I've done it all...and can tell no difference in taste...I've done soil, living soil, all types of different organic soil and nutrients...then megacrop and coco....all the same to me....just bigger plants....

I personally have seen no difference in size between the two growing methods. I feel that this may be directly related to the level of experience of any said Cultivator/Grower. However, the potency and terpene levels are greater IME with organics.

:pass:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back