Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the first time that stands out as remembering a particular song the first time I heard it, was driving down the street in my aunts red Corvair, and we're all singin Downtown, shit I couldnt have been older then 4 or 5. But i always remember that. Weird.
Think this is my 1st favorite song. I can remember playing this and Alvin and the chipmunks non-stop on my fisher price record player :headbang:

I'd say it's a different way of using instruments. Lyrical content is dependent, like any other genre of music. But a rap show is definitely not a show to go to see classical musical skills

I'll preface this with to each their own and whatever floats your boat, but for me personally I'd have to disagree. There is little to no singing. Granted there is "flow" that individuals have. but very few use actual instruments. Just not my cup of tea for multiple reasons. Groups like The Roots or others that are or use backing bands, I have much more respect for. Also, don't identify with the subject manner for the most part.

Do like some Beasties and some old school Run DMC and some other stuff. There's good stuff with break beats and weirded out trip hop stuff. I played some stuff with The Digital Underground on a couple of occasions. None of it ever got used that I know of. We were in the same practice space building in Oakland. Exodus, Testament, En Vogue, and several other peeps in that building. Definitely a weird, but cool mix of music and people

Enjoy what ya enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back