Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
FB_IMG_1693937296596.jpg

I agree. A lot of instructions I've seen for making wine call for adding Sodium Metabisulfate in the beginning to kill off unwanted microbes in the juice, and again at the end to stop fermentation. I didn't use it and my wine was still drinkable, but I'm not a conno-sewer. For commercial wine the sulfites make quality control a lot easier. I think in USA they're required to state on the bottle "contains sulfites."
EDIT: I want live yeast in my wine and my beer, and I'm fine with a little sediment at the bottom, and I don't care about shelf life, fresh is best.

Yes. Although port if made correctly gets a bit of brandy added to boost the strength and it stops the fermentation and kills the yeasts. Usually no sulfites in the port as far as I know, decant with a filter for the sediment, and enjoy the hangover from the extra strength! hahaha. I'm a bit foggy today, well worth it.

Yes. Although port if made correctly gets a bit of brandy added to boost the strength and it stops the fermentation and kills the yeasts. Usually no sulfites in the port as far as I know, decant with a filter for the sediment, and enjoy the hangover from the extra strength! hahaha. I'm a bit foggy today, well worth it.
Well, the one thing that I never get a hangover with, is real Irish whiskey!
From what I was told, that was from the double distillation to remove any sort of impurity

From what I was told, that was from the double distillation to remove any sort of impurity

Aye, scotch is a go to for me. I just hate the price of a decent tipple, $60+ these days and well into the hundreds for things that used to be $60-80. Sheesh.

Give him a break man! He's a Cityboy!!! :crying: :crying: :crying:
Lmao i am a def city dweller so don’t know shit about raising a cow! However i am also a texan so i damn sure know about eating cow! Females u don’t eat cuz they make milk and babies! Old bulls however or young ones even they get the axe to become dinner! ;) :d5:

I never get a hangover….cuz I don’t drink! Wouldn’t even let bro in law buy me a beer at the rangers game cuz just don’t dig alcohol! Also no tolerance so if i drank a large beer its highly likely i would be hella buzzed if not drunk driving home! :shrug::haha::rofl:

I never get a hangover….cuz I don’t drink! Wouldn’t even let bro in law buy me a beer at the rangers game cuz just don’t dig alcohol! Also no tolerance so if i drank a large beer its highly likely i would be hella buzzed if not drunk driving home! :shrug::haha::rofl:
Weed was always my first choice, I drink now and then, but not my thing either. Got myself so sick from drinking wine one time when I was a teen, I had the dry heaves for 3 days, that broke me early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back