Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning everyone

IMG_20230901_104848.jpg

Happy Friday AFN! Here's your Friday Miles:

I love Miles Davis for his excellent talent as a trumpet player and jazz musician. As a man, he was absolute POS!

Satchmo on the other hand was a genuinely nice person. I think part of it was because he loved marijuana!:jointman:

At least that's the impression that I got when I met him as a little bitty kid! Times were different then and it was New Orleans! I can't remember if it was Bourbon Street itself or just the area, but I went into one of the bars with my Dad. I was the one that suggested we go in this bar, because of the music I heard.

They had just finished a set and were walking off stage. "Hey Dad! That's Satchmo!", as I pointed my finger at him. Pop didn't know who the hell that was, so I told him it was Louis Armstrong and he knew who that was.:biggrin:

That got his attention and he came over. I guess it was because he heard a little white kid calling him Satchmo!:crying:
He came over to us and made an effort to make it a very personal greeting with me. He bent down over close to my level and offered his hand to shake. You can tell when a person is actually being genuine and he definitely was that!

My favorite non jazz Louis Armstrong song

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back