Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, turns out the door frame is not at all square and is why its not working. Gotta love a simple project turning into a whole fun ordeal.
LOL!

Try doing a major renovation on an old farm home built by a farmer in the 1920s. Nothing is square or on center!
Is their any other way. It usually helps to scream cuss words at it. :finger::pass:
It helps! See Above!

Nope, shims are not gonna work. The frame itself will work since the doors can fit inside of it, but the inner piece is not thick or wide enough to meet up with the exterior door and is so crooked that the frame for the storm door can't even screw into it.

20210928_154454.jpg
20210928_154507.jpg
20210928_154524.jpg
20210928_154606.jpg
20210928_154633.jpg

Going to remove that one inner piece and replace it with a piece thats 1/2in thick and 4in wide and I think that should fix the issue.

The original storm door was black, so the gap wasn't *as* noticeable until it came down, since the light was blocked out. Explains why the storm door would drag all the time though.

BTW, went to our local hardware store to see if they had wood that would work. They did not. Went to grab a bag of soil and low and behold, they have a 3x3x6 grow tent just sitting out on display. On sale for $139 and I'm just like hmmm. I could definitely make a 3x3 work in the space where my 2x2 is now. And I'd get reward points lmao.

BTW, went to our local hardware store to see if they had wood that would work. They did not. Went to grab a bag of soil and low and behold, they have a 3x3x6 grow tent just sitting out on display. On sale for $139 and I'm just like hmmm. I could definitely make a 3x3 work in the space where my 2x2 is now. And I'd get reward points lmao.
Local grow shop here has some canna grow stuff. Mother Earth stuff and 2 parts of the 3 part GH flora series. No micro! Only thing I can source there is Hydroton.

They had put like an inch plus of caulk between the door frame and the framing for the storm door, because of course they did. No surprise considering the holes I had to patch in the concrete after I had removed the wall carpet in the sunken living room. :cuss: :wall: I knew that we were going to uncover issues as we updated since the developer that built our neighborhood in the 80s was known for taking major shortcuts but good God is it annoying. But like, the top of the storm door framing was apparently installed before they finished the roof because where it was screwed into the frame was covered by a board and when hubby ended up having to move the board to get to it a bunch of insulation rained down on him so like.... yeah lmfao.

Idk if you've ever heard of R.G. Moore but he is pretty notorious here in HR for the shit he pulled back in the day.

BTW, his original frustration today was because he put the hinges on the storm door backwards, and then once that was fixed and it still didn't work it was because he had turned it upside down somehow when he went to test the fit. At least by that point he was ready to actually listen to my input lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back