Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question for anyone: just about to fill up and acclimatise EcoLife Soil in my fabric Autopots (trade name =Flexipots) in the grow tent while my seeds germinate.

Plan to put clay pebbles in the bottom of the pots. .
Did you wash the clay pebbles before you use them? I know they say to wash them for hydroponics, but not sure if that matters for soil. Doesn’t say anything on the packaging…
What do you think? Cheers

Always wash

@arty zan lol what a croc!!!
Now the origins of “piss poor”

Not a kebab... shawarma closer to a pita wrap thing... the stick holds like 100lbs of rotisserie meat they shave off...
seriously dunno what a shawarma is ehh...

I think you may call it a donair ?? East coast does I believe

It's called a donner kebab in the UK, and it's what drunk people eat! :rofl: ... you can sometimes get them from a van in the middle of the night!!

:pass:

They're not everyones cuppa tea! :rofl:

Titmarsh don't get me started LMAO him and his filthy novels :rofl:

A crock of shit, is indeed a reference to Alan Titchmarshe's books.:crying:

The word crockery arose in the eighteenth century from the now-obsolete crocker, or "potter," which in turn came from the Old English croc, "pot or vessel."

So way back before the WC *Water Closet" we used to have to go to the bottom of the garden to take a dump.
You either crapped on the floor of a small shed and would leave it there for the "night Soil man" to come and magically make it disappear, ready for you to lay a new one for him, the next day.
Either that or you had a "long drop" where you would drop your load, until the pit filled up and you dug a new one.
Those long cold winter nights, where all you had on, was your night shirt, could see you with nothing more than a "thumb and a half a walnut", where your once proud family jewels used to be!
So many people would say "sod that for a game of soldiers" and reach for the "Guzunder" so called because it "Guz (goes) under the bed" AKA a chamber pot.
Such a pot was often made of crockery although some were metal.
So a crock of shit is something that went under the bed just in case you should need to send a brown parcel in the night.
I imagine for the most part, people would try to avoid the night time bowel movement as it would probably leave a bit of a tang in one boudoir!
A midnight pee is more acceptable and more likely.
So if something is a crock of shit, it means it is full of shit, just like a guzunder might be, should you be suffering from a bout of Montezuma Revenge AKA a dose of the trots.
You did ask!:crying::crying::crying:

Interesting fact

The Rhubarb Triangle is a 9-square-mile (23 km2) area of West Yorkshire, England between Wakefield, Morley and Rothwell famous for producing early forced rhubarb. It includes Kirkhamgate, East Ardsley, Stanley, Lofthouse and Carlton.
The reason why the rhubarb grows so well is the locally rich soil.
Yup you got it - the rhubarb triangle is the area where they used to spread the night soil!
So it you hear someone saying "This rhubarb crumble is the shit" you'll no they aint far wrong!:rofl:
You can go and watch the rhubarb in the forcing sheds, which are lit by candle light, if you are quiet and listen carefully, you can actually heard the rhubarb "Creaking" as it grows!
DAMN YOU arty zan!!!
YOU JUST KILLED A METHOD OF
COOKING I LOVED!!
:grrr1::grrr1::grrr1::grrr1::grrr1::grrr1::grrr1:

HOW IN THE HELL AM
I GONNA EVER EAT
ANYTHING I COOK IN MY
CROCKPOT????
:funny::funny::funny::funny::funny::funny::funny::funny:

It's called a donner kebab in the UK, and it's what drunk people eat! :rofl: ... you can sometimes get them from a van in the middle of the night!!

If you check I caught it and wrote that... and it’s chicken,beef or lamb... you can’t go wrong
But from a van at night??? That’s just shady

Tripped right out when I seen this
image.jpg

If you check I caught it and wrote that... and it’s chicken beef of lamb... you can’t go wrong
But from a van at night??? That’s just shadey

Haha - i've just looked online and there's currently 41 kebab vans for sale!
Drinking and pub culture is just NOT what it used to be! ^_^

It was shady .. although they've got all the food cooking kit, they were'nt exactly totatlly hygenic .. it wasn't "unusual" for someone to be ill the day after eating one! .. and a good Kebab van could be a dangerous plcae at night! Surround by drunk hangry people with misunderstandings quite common!

Iz dat like gettin' "Monkey Meat" from a 'cart' in "Da Pi"?:biggrin::eyebrows::rofl:

note..........."Da Pi" refers to the Philippines, most notably, Subic Bay. :cools::eyebrows::eyebrows:

Iz dat like gettin' "Monkey Meat" from a 'cart' in "Da Pi"?:biggrin::eyebrows::rofl:

note..........."Da Pi" refers to the Philippines, most notably, Subic Bay. :cools::eyebrows::eyebrows:
They like German Shepard also lol been to a many of Philippine party’s, lesson one.. always ask what the meat is

note..........."Da Pi" refers to the Philippines, most notably, Subic Bay. :cools::eyebrows:

:rofl: :rofl: ... it's sounds very bloody similar :rofl: .. It could well have been monkey meat for all we knew at that time of night!!

Not a kebab... shawarma closer to a pita wrap thing... the stick holds like 100lbs of rotisserie meat they shave off...
seriously dunno what a shawarma is ehh...

I think you may call it a donair ?? East coast does I believe
View attachment 1370780
All sort now mate! Click the link and all will be revealed!
This cover the 4 main vertical meats!
One thing I will add though is we in the UK eat shish and donner kebabs in pitta bread.
I would probably prefer Lavash bread as it is thinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back