Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought perhaps the heat would help expand and seat everything well, just wanted to ask before i fired it up! On the ardent website they offer a smell proof/reducer filter lid now. Hence, I thought perhaps it was smellier than stated. The lid does not sit flush or tight and the purple "seal" has a bit of play to it. Working well on the first run! It's snug but not as sealed feeling as I expected.

It's currently running with 1.5g of flower inside and I cannot smell it unless I put my nose right along the seal at the top. Even then it's faint and not overtly MJ. Quite pleased so far.

We are going to add 1 ounce of butter when the decarb cycle is finished. I'm guessing at strength of the flower but I suspect 16% on the low end, so 160mg THC per gram, hopefully 240mg thc total when finished. Assume some loss and maybe 200mg THC to infuse. That infused into 30g of butter each = 6-7mg THC per 1g of butter! Should be a nice slow and easy controlled dose. Start with 1g and go from there. Butter should hold up for at least a week in the fridge? Gives time to test and try.
I have a tcheck to test my infusions for potency! It ain’t no laboratory grade but it’s pretty close when just needing to know for personal stuff! I use this stuff man and save my flowers!
image.jpg
image.jpg

Whenever I break up flowers I just save the stem and leaf trash and once I fill a jar I’ll usually infuse into coconut oil or butter! Usually tends to be around 250mg/tbsp so if making a pan of brownies that calls for 1/2 cup of oil if I used all infused oil would be like 2000mg going in!:eyebrows: :rofl:

@KDawg ...she hasn't got red spider has she....?...my outdoors looked kinda motley and Aged out like that when I got them.......:pass:

Nah - pretty sure it was from combining cheap unbuffered coco starter plugs in FFOF, plus some pH issues, plus maybe some wind burn / humidity issues during seedling. My other 3 did reasonably fine, but this one never seemed to recover...Or, maybe she's just special :p

And @Zeromitch it has arrived and I’m lit! :smokeit:

Literally take out the box and hit up/down arrows together for like 3 seconds to turn it on! Hit up arrow to set temp at 4 to start and then wait for red light (heat) to stop flashing repeatedly! Then ready to go! Holy moley that platinum Gucci takes freaking amazing outta this thing! Plus I may be imagining it but I could taste more flavor on the exhale then I ever did puffing damn king palms! This thing gonna be my new friend! :d5:

Good Morfnoevight All! EO.

This question is for all of you Ardent users; does the decarbed flower take on a toasted flavor?
I mainly use that trash and if I use flower it winds up going into tincture so not positive there! I haven’t ever noticed it but going into chocolate brownies and the like I’m not sure how much I’d taste it! I think once I go to use my capsule maker to cap up some coconut oil I’ll prob have a better answer there! I’m guessing your way doesn’t so how do u decarb your stuff??

:woohoo:

My winning light arrived! Mars Hydro FC3000
20210922_122534.jpg

and i squeezed it into my 2.3x2.3 tent and so far at 100% power driver outside the tent, its holding 80F inside
20210922_131928.jpg
20210922_132013.jpg

this is x2 the brightness in my tent now so i know these girls will be happy now as 1 looked sad.

Thinking about culling my 1st plant to make room for a better plant, thoughts?
I tried everything but she grew very strangely and is now behind in flowering and size. growing out and not up and branch upon branch even after cutting them off.

Middle plant, she is the same age as the tall ones

Screenshot_20210922-114932_Wyze.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back