Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
@LearningMore asked "has anyone ever “double infused” everclear tincture?"
You can buy or make a Soxhlet Extractor. Boiling alcohol evaporates, then is condensed to drip through the weed back into the boiling alcohol. The longer you run it, the more oils & resins it extracts. The boiling alcohol gets greener and greener until it's almost black. When you're satisfied you can end the process and boil off the alcohol. The glass ones are expensive, but they can be homemade with readily available parts. I think alcohol boils at about 69°C.

[Warning: alcohol vapors are highly flammable. Don't boil alcohol over an open flame.]

I'd like to experiment with using liquid CO2 instead of alcohol. It has no water in it, and it can be done at a low temperature to avoid destroying delicate essences. Small batches can be done with stock plumbing parts and dry ice or a tank of food grade liquid CO2. This process is often used to extract herbal essences and oils. There are industrial CO2 extractors if you develop a product that you want to mass produce.
All well and nice, but that's expensive dreamin' there. Not to mention, it's not really that easy to handle and fairly dangerous. At least it's not LOX. LOL!

I'm not peepeein' on your parade. I'm just bringing some reality to stoner talk.:thumbsup:

Random, but has anyone ever “double infused” everclear tincture? I tried tincture in an infuzium (like MBM) but too green tasting and not terribly potent. Tried QWET (and reduced it), but too mild for husband’s tolerance (to all drugs, not just cannabis. Just started cannabis in June but highs wear off fast. Vape 4 bowls? Gone in 45 minutes. Ate edibles calculated at 100mg? Barely a buzz. 150mg? Gone in 2 hours. Trying to find a form and strain to get him sleep, at least (still haven’t found pain reliving option yet, but still trying). He did get so fed up that he ate a LOT of edibles last night and ended up on a terrible dizzy, anxious/paranoid trip. So there is “too much” even for his system! I’m a “typical” new user and definitely get a good buzz from half an edible, and get very high from full edible or one bowl vaped, so the potency is at least decent.

I read about infusing oil, straining, then adding the same amount of fresh (decarbed) cannabis and infusing again. Is there a limit to how much THC everclear can absorb?

I’m waiting on my second grow to dry for rosin, then will try @Mañ'O'Green ’s chocolate bar recipe. I’ve made gummies and canna sugar marshmallows. Any suggestions ALWAYS appreciated.
Currently doing 2nd round on my tincture. 33 grams 1st round, 2nd round bringing it up to 2.5 oz in just under a quart. Cold freezer method for 2/3 weeks per round. 1st time trying it so not sure how good it'll be. Got some Vidamint seeds I need to try out, supposed to be very good thc/cbd ratio. Total newb to edibles as I only started just over a month ago...Happy gift from a fried on a nerd rope, then son;in;law gave me some oil he got which I applied 2 drops per gummie bear......without it 2 to 4 hours of sleep, with it around 7...

Currently doing 2nd round on my tincture. 33 grams 1st round, 2nd round bringing it up to 2.5 oz in just under a quart. Cold freezer method for 2/3 weeks per round. 1st time trying it so not sure how good it'll be. Got some Vidamint seeds I need to try out, supposed to be very good thc/cbd ratio. Total newb to edibles as I only started just over a month ago...Happy gift from a fried on a nerd rope, then son;in;law gave me some oil he got which I applied 2 drops per gummie bear......without it 2 to 4 hours of sleep, with it around 7...
I have a Vidamint going at the moment in a 15gal pot......still a baby.

HAPPY FRIDAY WITH HUGS DAY

tenor (2).gif

tenor (1).gif

images (25).jpg

I just had a grandson that is a complete ginger with big blue eyes handsome little guy. He is nine months old the thing is we are a bunch of dark haired Irish for the most but my son did marry a fair haired girl
Being the parent of a ginger can be amusing and interesting. The first time I took my ginger son down to Waikiki Beach, first time at a public beach. We stopped at a palm tree for me to slop on another layer of sunscreen on my boy. He no likey!:rofl: After the slopping, I saw that one of his shoes was untied. I told him to tie his shoe, but he was still pissy from the slopping. :biggrin::rofl:
Along came this little Japanese lady. She saw my son and you could see her eyes light up, not unusual, he was a really cute little fugger then! She came up to him, squatted down and said, "I do?" I nodded and she eagerly tied his shoes, yeah, she untied and re-tied the other shoe. :biggrin:
Some may find this odd behavior, but luckily I already knew about the Japanese fascination about gingers. They believe that doing good for a ginger brings them good luck. My boy was around 5yrs old at the time and he still remembers that happening.:biggrin::rofl:

Hubby Sounds like he has malabsorbtion to me....:pass:...

If you have a thermometer in the house I'd be checking his temperature...especially when the insomnia is bad.
Personal opinion...you get insomnia when your body core temp is too low to Allow you to sleep....:headbang:

https://www.drrind.com/metabolic-temperature-graph

Check it and see..IF his body temp/metabolism is too low....we can change it.

Until you check...I'd suggest you look at ways to absorb it bypassing the gut....just incase...
Sublingual? Very efficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back