Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freaking hard as hell to get a pic of them but spotted few huge ass cicadas hanging out the tree out front! Not easy to get 1 on the phone camera and then zoom in but managed to get 1!
E8E9E4BD-DF37-4479-B069-EA77E0F3E637.jpeg

ENVIRONMENTAL LESSON LEARNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I sure hope someone may learn from this!!!

With 4 15gal pots in a 4x4 tent and a little 3gal pot in the middle, I couldn't put my humidifier inside my tent. Well, no big deal, I'll just put it next to the air intake at the bottom of the tent on the left side of the tent and exhausts at top rear in my group pics. With just little seedlings, I figured one fan would be fine to circulate the air. This seemed to be working fine...................until about the 7th day, I noticed something.
Sour Stomper has been raging her little ass off! At first, I thought it was just strain difference, but she's sooooo much bigger It's quite dramatic too.

The next thing I noticed was that the girls at the back of the tent have progressed more than the front. Again, at first I thought it was strain related. By Monday and Tuesday, it was just stupidly evident there was something wrong. I had a passing thought several times, but blew it off each time. This morning, I just had to frigging do something!

The passing thought I blew off was from what I could see how the vapor came thru the tent. The exhaust fan would draw the vapor in the vent and the two left big and TALL 15gal pots would direct that vapor right at Sour Stomper in her small and SHORT 3gal pot.

With having on the front left circ fan on, it just pushed that vapor way from the front of the tent and towards the back. Maybe it would have not been quite as dramatic, if I had just the right rear circ fan on or both on.

I put the humidifier in the middle of the tent and turned on both fans blowing down. Sour Stomper went inside the small tent and I threw in my small humidifier inside. I brought the light down to give her a ppfd around 550.

Conditions in the 4x4 are far better. I restricted the vent opening quite a bit to get more velosity coming in, but a bigger pressure drop. I can now feel the humidity when I unzip the tent. Maybe now I can see them take off.

I'm a little pissed at holding them back at the most important time, but I think they will come back with a vengeance. I think it's a very good lesson learned though and hopefully someone may learn and avoid this. Air flow can be very critical.

SOUR STOMPER 10 DAYS OLD
View attachment 1345967
VIDAMINTS 10 DAY OLD................ Yeah, pretty dramatic!
View attachment 1345968
Tent now
View attachment 1345969
That’s why I swapped those water heater trays for real plant trays! Def got floor space which is nice!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Def digging the new light but runs really warm with driver being permanently attached to light frame! Makes humidity drop crazy when intake kicks on to cool tent so had to add my extra lil humidifier to pump lower rh air in thru my intake! If need be I’ll move that fan from middle of floor over by that intake vent pointing up so it immediately sends that air upward to then be circulated by my fans cuz the 32% it dropped to yesterday is no bueno!

Forgot to add my pic of my ghetto trick to keep rh from plummeting!
image.jpg

Freaking hard as hell to get a pic of them but spotted few huge ass cicadas hanging out the tree out front! Not easy to get 1 on the phone camera and then zoom in but managed to get 1!
View attachment 1345978
LOL! I HEARD a big one yesterday when I was putting up my net. It was so loud I had to find that fugger, It sure was a big one compared to most!

Ya same here I spent days looking up trying to spot 1 with no luck at all but today I thought this thing was a freaking bird flying til I saw it land hanging from the leafs of the tree it landed in! Took a while but was able to finally block glare on my phone screen long enough to zoom in and get that pic!

And hard to tell cuz of being zoomed in and so far away but this bastard was huge! I spotted where he was hanging from while I was still standing on my porch! :yoinks:

That’s why I swapped those water heater trays for real plant trays! Def got floor space which is nice! View attachment 1345981View attachment 1345985View attachment 1345982
Def digging the new light but runs really warm with driver being permanently attached to light frame! Makes humidity drop crazy when intake kicks on to cool tent so had to add my extra lil humidifier to pump lower rh air in thru my intake! If need be I’ll move that fan from middle of floor over by that intake vent pointing up so it immediately sends that air upward to then be circulated by my fans cuz the 32% it dropped to yesterday is no bueno!
Yeah, a remote driver is really a must for me after the first runs.......................but you can put up wif it fer a free light! LOL

I sure as hell wouldn't want my SP6500 driver in the tent also. It just makes things easier when it's outside.
Have you asked them if there is a way to mount it outside?

My first jar.
LRM_20210721_180757.jpg

Off to the cupboard of sin.
LRM_20210721_180847.jpg

I am thankful to have a supply even when it was hard won and less than stellar quality. But it's a start.
Without all the help and tips from the forum I could have achieved these results. ;)

It’s crazy how they have it on the frame cuz it then has another metal box over it I guess to make it look cleaner but I think it causes even more heat cuz once drivers warm it then heats up that metal too! For a free light ya I’ll deal with it for sure but I am gonna see if I can get the box cover off the driver and go from there! I built my last light so I know what to cut to relocate driver myself if need be!

Ya same here I spent days looking up trying to spot 1 with no luck at all but today I thought this thing was a freaking bird flying til I saw it land hanging from the leafs of the tree it landed in! Took a while but was able to finally block glare on my phone screen long enough to zoom in and get that pic!

And hard to tell cuz of being zoomed in and so far away but this bastard was huge! I spotted where he was hanging from while I was still standing on my porch! :yoinks:
Yeah, the little young cat would have ran from it! :funny: :funny:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back