Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Frank! Now I have a couple of quarts of oil that are too fishy to use for anything else :shrug: but damn that was the best Fish and Chips I have had in years. I used frozen Pacific Cod Filets from Costco.

Being able to work a 10 hour day would be a triumph for me, just a matter of perspective.
I save the seafood oil in a container for next seafood frying….. it keeps for awhile… :pass: You can also use small doses of it for sautéing seafood….

I save the seafood oil in a container for next seafood frying….. it keeps for awhile… :pass: You can also use small doses of it for sautéing seafood….
Yeah....... no. I have tried many ways to filter/clean/store the oil used to fry fish - IMPE the "Old Fried Fish" flavor and smell persist. I think it even ruins the flavor of the same fish fried in it the next day. Yes it is a subtle difference but one I don't like.

Did you ever get fries from Long John's that got cooked in the fish tank, they were really good with tarter sauce and tasted just like the fish :rofl:

:glutton:
IMG_0246.jpeg

He’s been pretty sick, and hasn’t felt up to it. Sounds like they’re getting it figured out, though. He did say he’d try to jump on soon. :pass:
Well here is a get well BBQ for @bushmasterar15 ! I know it is much to small, but it is all I got!

IMG_20240617_165326911_HDR.jpg

Jerk spice on the top row, McCormick Grill Mates Smokehouse Maple on the bottom using Applewood and Pecan to smoke.
IMG_20240617_133501009.jpg

Both very good! Get Well Bushy!

:face::face::face::face:

Starting new soil after retiring my 4 year old stuff has been "problematic" to put it mildly. The ocean forest I paid 25 dollars a bag for was completely "raw".. You could plainly see it had been mixed, packaged, and sent out.. Most of the peat had not transformed into what it should look like and much was barely incorporated into the mix.. Now usually I would bin this ffof for a month and soak it in compost teas and throw some worms in it but this time I rolled the dice. Bad idea :eyebrows::toke:
This first run shows all the signs of improperly aged soil. stunting, yellowing, ph swings rapid growth, then deficiencies.. all from too much of one thing and not enough of another.. Not because its not in there, but because the soil is in chaos. Next run should improve drastically :shrug:
General rule of thumb: never use straight ffof from the bag unless you know how old it is. There should be a date on the damn bag!

Status
Not open for further replies.