Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve had several that don’t want to be collected the traditional way…. No matter how cold. And they’re always terp monsters….

I ended up reheating the folded parchment slightly on top of my press, and using an old plastic gift card to work the rosin down into the crease of the paper, then moving it to one edge and dripping it into the dish…then collecting the last few drops with the hot knife. It works pretty well, although there’s probably slightly more loss this way….although some strains it’s literally all I’ve been able to do. And it’s not water, because there’s no sizzling. I think the terps make it more runny. :pass:

The white was like that, I’ve had a few t20 strains do it…

Have you tried freezing I've only had one that bad and it was T20 bourbon berry. But even that I was able to get with the freezer and frozen aluminum plate gotta be quick and not let it warm up once out of freezer. I'm lucky I got a few plates one at room temp, one at fridge temp, and 2 small ones in the freezer that hardly gets used :pass:

White was super terpy sorta oily high yielding fire for sure :headbang::lildab:

Yeah, you can get 12 ounces or so in one, depending on the physical size of the buds….they lose a ton of size, so even if they’re touching when you put em in, within a day or two they aren’t anymore. I’m still experimenting with how much I can put in, but I’m guessing what I just put in one today will equate to 12+ ounces dried….:pass:
Do you dry the whole plant, branches at a time, or busk the buds off first?

Really terpy strains make my nose burn a little on exhale….:pass:
Reowr GIF - Anchorman Ron Burgundy Gasoline Smell GIFs
Stings Of The Nostrils Nostrils GIF - Stings Of The Nostrils Nostrils Anchorman GIFs

Have you tried freezing I've only had one that bad and it was T20 bourbon berry. But even that I was able to get with the freezer and frozen aluminum plate gotta be quick and not let it warm up once out of freezer. I'm lucky I got a few plates one at room temp, one at fridge temp, and 2 small ones in the freezer that hardly gets used :pass:

White was super terpy sorta oily high yielding fire for sure :headbang::lildab:
Yup, no amount of freezing helped… I don’t mind though, the carding method is easy enough.. :headbang: :pass: I think both WZ and muchacha were this way…. I’d rather have super terpy and hard to work with than no terps and easy tho :haha:

Do you dry the whole plant, branches at a time, or busk the buds off first?
Fully wet trim and break everything down. You can dry and cure whole colas (that fit) but it takes longer since there’s more mass…. And I poorly planned how these plants would finish, so needed a fast turnaround.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back