Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
FB_IMG_1682812421681.jpg

Current light schedule in the Night Owl Tent
View attachment 1589367

:pass:
That reminds me I have to set all of my timers today to go back to 18/6 from the 8/4 experiment.

I will be transplanting in 30 minutes after the cubes have soaked in the 5.5 PH nutrient solution.

@Blue_dreamer Coco is a form of hydroponics, The plants only source for nutrients comes from the nutrient mix the grower provides, there is no carry over like in soil. That means there must be a balance of ALL of the nutrients the plant requires every time it is fertigated. In hydroponics this is achieved by blending several inputs that cannot be mixed into one bottle. The reason that mix changes is an attempt to have the balance of the nutrient mix to contain the nutrients the plant needs most at the given maturity but remember they all must be present in balance. Once the plant gets all of those nutrients it does not need anything else to grow but the additives help the plant to intake the basic nutrients at a higher level enhancing the plants overall performance.

The scientists that developed the GH Flora series of nutrients understands the Woo woo science behind the chart better than I ever will and probably you too. I have seen very good results when I used that exact system in hydroponics.

@Mañ'O'Green

I understand that coco is a form of hydroponics. I grow my plants in half coco / half soil because of the benefits the coco give for both water retention and soil drainage. But, for the sake of conversation, yes, I understand that coco is inert. I also understand hydroponics quite well, I currently have a backyard full of tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers growing in 55 gallon drums and 27 gallon totes using masterblend.

I understand what they are trying to do with increasing or decreasing the amount of specific nutrients available to the plant.

But this reminds me of that episode of The Office, where Dwight is picking out their health insurance plan. He claims he can raise and lower his cholesterol at will. Pam asks him why he would raise it, and he says "so that I can lower it."

Why would you remove nutrients? I understand ramping up the nutrient amount. But then, if you follow that schedule, you later reduce the amount of certain nutrients. If the plant can tolerate that nutrient level, its not causing burning or anything, why would you take away some of the nutrients you were providing? The plant can choose not to use them.

Good Morfnoevight all you happy Tuesday Live Stoners and Yes it is Taco Tuesday.

View attachment 1589358

I am preparing the rock wool cubes for transplanting today.

That is why I asked I talk to and read so many peeps posts I get confused........

You should know what the water weight maximum is for your pot, use half of that. If you don't know start with a dry pot (only moist) weigh it, then water slowly until until it will no longer hold water and run off begins, This is the maximum weight. the difference is the maximum water weight. 50% of that is what you want to run out of the pot on a 50% flush. Example maximum water weight is 10#, 5# is half so about .6 gallons weighs 5#

Yes I have verified with Adam that this was his strain Durban Sunrise.
Thank you sir not exactly the question I asked but you did answer it and more:worship::thanks:I am pretty sure I have been over fertigating volume and flushing to much volume.. I have taken for gradated that coco "can't be over watered" I need to be better about how much I water my coco instead of just giving it plenty of runoff which is probably too much.. Cause anytime I've checked I am getting at least 20% each fertigation :gassy::oops1:

It sure as hell ain't stoner proof though, burned myself twice, I am going to have to wear a friggin oven mitt, LOL :shrug: :crying::confused1:
Been there I've had the imprint of the coils on the arm/hands more then once :haha: I've learned but still have to reach around mine to get the cap or q-tips and catch it once and awhile :doh::hothot:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back