Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not the breaker...the landlord is here to change one fromm a 15 to a 20amp....it's got wires for it....are window ac is huge....it's a LG ...and a large one....I'm thinking I need new ac units....smaller ones....

It's not the breaker...the landlord is here to change one fromm a 15 to a 20amp....it's got wires for it....are window ac is huge....it's a LG ...and a large one....I'm thinking I need new ac units....smaller ones
Yup I was going to say 15 amp is fine depending what all is on the circuit 15 amps for one big tent should be plenty:toke::headbang::pass:
Landlord is changing it to a 20amp...

I've caused the demise of six or seven squirrels this year. I think my wife's count is higher. Since spending $2500 to repair damage they did to my truck and much $$ damage to outbuildings and other vehicles, we have a strong rodent policy in place.
You and me both mate. Those little bastards are not tolerable inside vehicle or house envelopes.

They somehow got into the attic and soffit space in the house we built. I instantly recognized the sound of the little feet on the aluminum soffits, and told my wife that squirrel war was on. She had been warned earlier but did not share my intolerance, so pre-emtive strikes would have, shall we say, stressed relations. :crying:

Long story short, I went over that house envelope from end to end, side to side, and dirt to roof top and I could not figure out how the little bastards were getting in there. After about a week of head scratching, I figured it out - the little fuckers had chewed through the metal screen on the inside of the older style roof vents. The damage was invisible until I hole sawed inspection holes in the side of the vent assembly. Every vent in the house had been breached. With determination and time, I trapped the buggers and sealed up the vents with hardware cloth. Since then, the roof has been re-shingled, and the new ridge vents are squirrel proof.

The little bastards also built a nest inside the air cleaner of my Tacoma years back. I only discovered the problem when an engine light came on and the Toyota tech figured out what was up.

A now departed friend of ours had two new Toyota Rav4 vehicles burned to the ground due to packrat nests on the exhaust. The second one burned about six feet from her wooden porch steps. It was a miracle that the house didn't burn down too. The insurance company said that vehicle fires due to rodent intrusion was actually pretty common.

And then there are the mice... Rodents can be a right pain in the ass. :pighug:

I wired the room in my shop with all duplex plugs, and only a couple outlets per breaker. Lots of capacity even on 15 amp breakers. Nothing wrong with 15 amps, as long as there are enough circuits.
I got to map this out and run everything of separate breakers...I'll figure it out....

It's not the breaker...the landlord is here to change one fromm a 15 to a 20amp....it's got wires for it....are window ac is huge....it's a LG ...and a large one....I'm thinking I need new ac units....smaller ones

Landlord is changing it to a 20amp...
I'd still be thinking about adding a circuit or moving stuff to different circuits.. If you were blowing the 15 even going to 20 amp breakers you may pushing that breaker over the "safe working load" which i think is 80% of the max amperage of the breaker..

Aw gawd aye......:headbang:..they drive you Nuts huh......?..........:pighug:

How you doing @BCBudlady ......?...............:bighug:
Can’t complain @Mossy ! Still this side of the pavement and enjoying the lurk off and on. Not much going on with empty tents and a lone seedling on the deck to mind.
You’ve been having some blustery weather lately. Makes the crop hardy, just keeps the hubby under foot
:rofl::coffee2::rofl:🦶

I got to map this out and run everything of separate breakers...I'll figure it out....
Mapping breakers is a really good idea. If I were you I would check to make sure that the circuit wire will handle 20 amps, I would not depend on your landlord to either know or care. Good luck with it. :pighug:

If you have more than 1 AC put them on opposite legs of the box. Higher EER will also help.

I use the Midea U shaped window units. Almost as effecient as a split, and quiet because the compressor is outside.

We had one for my youngest daughter, her Hamster had babies, the kid was so excited. Until the mother ate all her young. That was the end of that pet.
Had that happen too!! My gerbil had 3 or 4 litters just fine, but ended up eating the last litter . From then on, Willard was not allowed access to Maxine. Problem solved and no babies to find homes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back