Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm feeding them again today with a flush....
In coco, if you're feeding to 10% or 20% runoff every watering, every feeding is a flush. If you get it wrong one time, the next feeding will set it right. I estimate runoff by the beer can. So for a 1/2 gallon feeding (64 ounces), a 12 oz beer can is about 20% runoff. I don't measure it, just guesstimate looking in the runoff bucket.

I'm running tap..my tap has a good amount of everthing....
Mate, the CaCO3 in water is anything but "available"... it's weakly soluble at best, most is locked into molecular form, still bound together...
... free ionic Ca++ is what the plant needs, and the bitch (besides coco's bitchiness with Ca) is that Ca++ is wildly reactive with that double positive charge! Unless there's something to chelate it, it's likely to go right back into carbonated form or worse...
Amino acids and humic-fulvic are you friends here, h-f especially... Excellent stuff regardless of your medium/method, BTW...
...nute makers will chelate their stuff with other synthetic types, but that only goes so far...

An in-pot pH reading will elucidate further... acidity helps with Ca availability, up to a point... Coco likes to be upper 5's-low 6's pH...past this it starts to get iffy in general...

Ok I'll flush and use distilled water....then I'll feed 600ppm of 1part and seakelp....make it around
last I saw, a coco flush is best made with low ppm water, up to 150ppm Ca-Mg, plus another 150ppm in nutes, pH to 6.0... This will help purge excess crap but not strip out everything, and fuck up the coco's CEC balance with Ca/Mg

:smokeout: Cheers mates, I had to learn the Way of Coco by proxy when I was the Infirmary chief... Mastered, it's amazing stuff but it's a fugly unforgiving learning curve usually...
One reason why I'm a dirt diggler! :digit:

last I saw, a coco flush is best made with low ppm water, up to 150ppm Ca-Mg, plus another 150ppm in nutes, pH to 6.0... This will help purge excess crap but not strip out everything, and fuck up the coco's CEC balance with Ca/Mg
I plan on cutting it low...I have 7gal of fresh water to the 5gal of calmag and megacrop 1part....I also add hydroguard , yucca powder ,and vit c

I plan on cutting it low...I have 7gal of fresh water to the 5gal of calmag and megacrop 1part....I also add hydroguard , yucca powder ,and vit c
try to catch some of the early run-off in a clean vessel, then test it for ppm and pH... this will tell you a lot about WTH is going on in there, and helps the process of elimination toward a proper fix!
letting things chill and drain/dry out well for a day or so is helpful before resuming reg. feeding... likely symptoms will worsen a bit before they halt,...

Mate, the CaCO3 in water is anything but "available"... it's weakly soluble at best, most is locked into molecular form, still bound together...
... free ionic Ca++ is what the plant needs, and the bitch (besides coco's bitchiness with Ca) is that Ca++ is wildly reactive with that double positive charge! Unless there's something to chelate it, it's likely to go right back into carbonated form or worse...
Amino acids and humic-fulvic are you friends here, h-f especially... Excellent stuff regardless of your medium/method, BTW...
...nute makers will chelate their stuff with other synthetic types, but that only goes so far...

An in-pot pH reading will elucidate further... acidity helps with Ca availability, up to a point... Coco likes to be upper 5's-low 6's pH...past this it starts to get iffy in general...
I'm a little confused...
try to catch some of the early run-off in a clean vessel, then test it for ppm and pH... this will tell you a lot about WTH is going on in there, and helps the process of elimination toward a proper fix!
letting things chill and drain/dry out well for a day or so is helpful before resuming reg. feeding... likely symptoms will worsen a bit before they halt,...
They are on ac infinity self watering grow bases....I'm thinking the pH is changing in the res....

Seedstockers Apollo Black Cherry #2 Solo cup Buds I got APC #2 all trimmed up and weighed in pulled 30 grams from her.. I am really happy with that bud are fat and frosty... I don't smell much fruity on her anymore mostly earthy floral tones.. I did press some and yield was sub par but decent rosin pretty heavy hitter :headbang:

IMG_4316.JPG

IMG_4317.JPG

IMG_4318.JPG

IMG_4319.JPG

IMG_4320.JPG

IMG_4321.JPG

IMG_4322.JPG

IMG_4323.JPG

IMG_4324.JPG

IMG_4325.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.