Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just mixed 5gal bucket 1tspn of calmag a gal and 3g a gal 1part mc and ppm is 1179
what about without the calmag? 3 grams of 1 part into 5 gallons of water should not be 1179 ppm (hanna 500).. and how much and how often are you feeding to 10-20% runoff? like everyday? every other day once a week??

what about without the calmag? 3 grams of 1 part into 5 gallons of water should not be 1179 ppm (hanna 500).. and how much and how often are you feeding to 10-20% runoff? like everyday? every other day once a week??
Every 3days

I’ve just never used it is why I said that. If it was me, I would mix up that 3 tablespoons per gallon, and feed that. I would also use an alternative water source for a few waterings and see if that clears it up.
I got distilled water only....

If I use their weight..then one gal ends up like 1200ppm
I've been liking my results with MC 1-part in coco, with no calmag (MC supposedly has enough in it). I add the recommended grams/gallon and then check the ppm just to make sure it's in the ballpark, adding the ppm of my water (150ppm). Many here have recommended ditching ppm and using an EC meter to avoid confusion, but I haven't worn out my ppm meter yet. I figger that if I weigh the recommended amount of MC, any odd ppm reading is the fault of my $20 meter, but checking ppm does let me know if I forgot to add the nutes or added a double dose. These Mephisto Sundae Thumper testers are 6 weeks old in coco with MC 1-part only (currently 5 grams per gallon, ph to 6.0). There are probably other ways to keep track of runoff without the kids' orange Haloween bucket:
MGST_testers_8wks.jpg

Last edited:
I've been liking my results with MC 1-part in coco, with no calmag (MC supposedly has enough in it). I add the recommended grams/gallon and then check the ppm just to make sure it's in the ballpark, adding the ppm of my water (150ppm). Many here have recommended ditching ppm and using an EC meter to avoid confusion, but I haven't worn out my ppm meter yet. I figger that if I weigh the recommended amount of MC, any odd ppm reading is the fault of my $20 meter, but checking ppm does let me know if I forgot to add the nutes or added a double dose. These Mephisto Sundae Thumper testers are 6 weeks old in coco with MC 1-part only. There are probably other ways to keep track of runoff without the kids' orange Haloween bucket:View attachment 1595418
I'm going to feed them calmag this time...but not every run....

I've been liking my results with MC 1-part in coco, with no calmag (MC supposedly has enough in it). I add the recommended grams/gallon and then check the ppm just to make sure it's in the ballpark, adding the ppm of my water (150ppm). Many here have recommended ditching ppm and using an EC meter to avoid confusion, but I haven't worn out my ppm meter yet. I figger that if I weigh the recommended amount of MC, any odd ppm reading is the fault of my $20 meter, but checking ppm does let me know if I forgot to add the nutes or added a double dose. These Mephisto Sundae Thumper testers are 6 weeks old in coco with MC 1-part only (currently 5 grams per gallon, ph to 6.0). There are probably other ways to keep track of runoff without the kids' orange Haloween bucket:View attachment 1595418
Haha I don’t even own a meter any more. I just use a tablespoon as a scoop…. And they all get the same feed schedule. I like to exercise my lazy stonerness every chance I can get :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks for the reps amigro:pass:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back