Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I think I'm looking at 5 gal spring pots or the XL (6.6 gal) from autopot with organic LS. 2 x 2 pot systems, hook 3 pots to 1 res in tent, single pot in closet for seeding plants and probably go with a water farm on porch for reversing (since I'll be using cloneking for those).....Think I got a plan forming..as long as I can come up with a soil that will work for the whole life cycle..or at least most of it

I’ve found that defoliation doesn’t bother them at all…..I’ve taken big handfuls off several days in a row, and only seen positive results. I even stopped the training I was doing and just defol now.
More leaves means more energy uptake, more leaves to transpire. to cause more uptake of water and nutes....one very important part that is seldom considered, more leaves for a bigger root system and more leaves to make more flower.
Just some things to ponder.:eyebrows:
Copy that! Stay frosty...
Now I gotta make an update and snip some leaves

I like to take the approach that would make people who think they can’t do it, give it a shot... well sometimes..
Christ I remember I did one outdoor on here with just like coffee grinds, egg shells and some shit
Dude! It's called "weed" fer a reason! The fully wild grow I found when I was a kid were small trees.....every year! They were close to the river, so they got watered. The soil they were in was river silt. No telling how they got there. The old German lady sure didn't plant them or her almost deaf WWII veteran big gunner. LOL! However it got there, it was a sight to see!
I don't know enough to judge his methods. His results make me salivate though
He has great results. It's just "his take" on organics.

More leaves means more energy uptake, more leaves to transpire. to cause more uptake of water and nutes....one very important part that is seldom considered, more leaves for a bigger root system and more leaves to make more flower.
Just some things to ponder.:eyebrows:

Dude! It's called "weed" fer a reason! The fully wild grow I found when I was a kid were small trees.....every year! They were close to the river, so they got watered. The soil they were in was river silt. No telling how they got there. The old German lady sure didn't plant them or her almost deaf WWII veteran big gunner. LOL! However it got there, it was a sight to see!

He has great results. It's just "his take" on organics.
My harvest increased by a half pound on average (whole tent harvest) when I started doing it this way. There are more factors to consider than horticultural basics

I think lack of lighting will be my downfall on harvest numbers so I’m thinking I need as much light as possible...
I hate removing stuff unless it’s like what you said air flow...
Mind you I’ve had a shit load of fun butchering plants for on here...
Remember the mainlining phase with budelee or w/e his name was...
Is that guy alive ? He had like a heart surgery or something
I've had the girl make me hit 'em hard when they go ape shit crazy and I slack off a bit. :yoinks::hump:

My harvest increased by a half pound on average (whole tent harvest) when I started doing it this way. There are more factors to consider than horticultural basics
Let me expand a bit. Instead of defol for air or light, I use LST to open things up. This can delay the eventual need to defol. With the capability of my new lighting, LST becomes that more important to give more leaves exposure to the increased light energy.
Now that being said, there are some girls that I would NOT feel bad about a heavy defol, once that trait expresses itself. That would be a indica with high sugar leaf to bud ratio. Once I see that, I'll take all the fan leaves........period. I came real close to doing that on one of my first girls, but they started to fatten and fill quite quickly, so I gave a heavy dose of LITFA.
I'm still playing, experimenting and learning...................and having fun.........most time. :biggrin:

In case anyone wonders why I haven't been on lately (again)...

Good Morfnoevight All! EO.

I am with Bill on this one. I don't defoliate. It stopped because I am lazy but my yields and quality went up on Autos when I stopped. It is a different story with Photoperiod plants that have a totally different life style.

Again, there are a lot of factors that go into things. I defol because of the cob lights I use. They are excellent lights, and very efficient, but penetration is not their strong suit. Get those leaves at the top out of the way so light can get into the canopy and encourage more tops…..really cuts down on the level of inferior buds that way. It’s not for everyone, but I’ve gotten better than good results this way…..and believe Mo can too since we are using the same (or similar) setup…..not to mention that the plant in question could clearly benefit from some defoliation.

It seemed to work on this plant, for example
B47246AA-4324-4B18-A4AB-A1BBCC82FB94.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back