Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
badbitch.gif

Lets get Caturday started........

Compulsory Smoke Break: :pass:

Trying to work myself up to do the Dreaded shopping......:crying:....the humans could live out the freezer for the weekend...but the dogs are outta food....:doh:

hup..2..3..4..

hup..2..3..4..

hup..2..3..4.............................................:pass:..............now the other eye lid..........

:vibe: the circulation will start in a minute.......:crying:

I am adding a little Bud Candy to my res to see if the extra sugars will help with the heat and my terp loss?

Sugar watter @Mañ'O'Green .... :headbang: ...it really increases grow smell....and that has to be Terps...coz that is what we Smell.......

I'm guessing the bud candy would do it too.....:pass:...let us know.
I've only used it in soil.

@Frank the Dank I have monitored my yields for both autos and photos and they are nearly the same when divided by the time to grow. Yes the Photos are a little bit ahead but the big horse dick colas I got from the three Ace Panamas I grew have skewed the numbers a bit. They were monsters. The autos I am growing right now look to be done under 80 days and maybe even 70 days. They are on day 61 right now.

As a newcomer, I've been giving this some thought as well, especially as i put two autos and a photo in the same tent at the same time :doh:. What I've noticed though is the photo is much more robust and less temperamental than the two autos. It seems to better tolerate my ham fisted attempts at indoor horticulture .

So although you guys who have experience, problem i.d and methodology down pat can wring the bejeesus out of auto productivity, perhaps autos aren't the best to learn the ropes on(?).

For someone like myself who's looking for a quicker turnaround just to get a jar or two in the cupboard without having to hit the harvest limit out of the park, a couple of autos to achieve that goal, then switching to photos for a grow or two to get the basics down and get the fingers green might be an idea?

What do you guys think?

@Frank the Dank I have monitored my yields for both autos and photos and they are nearly the same when divided by the time to grow.

:headbang:

Those have been my findings as well….autos usually yield as good or better when accounting for grow time… I think when it comes to autos these days, you can find anything you’re looking for. Big yields, high thc %, interesting terps….it’s all in strain selection.

Amen......:headbang:

You now the only thing Missing from the market now........?..............the Original Auto.

12-14 inches high...8 weeks start to finish.....and with Our increased grow skills and lights....if we could all grow like @Nelly Nugs did with his...:watering:...we'd all be Laughing....

If I can grow a Perfectly formed tric in 8 weeks..........:eyebrows:...Why Wait..............?....

IMG_0943.JPG

I Expected damage in here today....they were literally being blown side ways yesterday.....:windy:....but....they are still Smiling.......

smile_048.jpg

Happy Caturday @blue :bighug: ...I'm sitting here washed and dressed and waiting to go....:pass:

Hubby is on his usual 45 minutemorning toilet break....sigh.....:pass:..more smokes for me........:biggrin:

Good Morning Live Stoners - Happy Saturday!!

:vibe:

What do you guys think?

I think the biggest learning curve for Autos is getting the start right - the first 20 days! I started off growing autoflowers, (thinking it sounded easier because of not worrying about light leaks, and changing timers (and at the time MH and HPS lamps)), and after a few grows, tried a photoperiod or two. Needless to say, growing a photoperiod is a breeze once your setup is correct - no need to worry about the life and death timer, and most mistakes can be fixed (well - before flowering especially)

Growing an auto takes a bit more skills, but pays off as (assuming you're only growing one plant at a time) you can get 5 harvests a year intead of 3.

More variety :D

Of course alls well that ends well, and harvest is a harvest (photo or auto) .. I'm happy to grow both, but prefer the shorter time grows!

:d5:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back