Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my hotel room booked for Sunday, not sure what wife and I will do as that's Father's Day and most places will be packed. I'm
waiting on the call from Surgery Center to give me my actual check in time for Monday. Last time I was to be there at 7:30am and
they didn't get me in till after 9:30am so laid in the pre-op.
I just plain HATE surgery with a passion!

I've actually been lucky lately. I haven't been forced into getting surgery. I think my last cutting was 2007. Had to get some shrapnel that had migrated close to a nerve in my upper shoulder area on my back. They set the surgery early and told me I had to be NPO by midnight. That confused me, since I had the impression it was minor surgery with a local.

Well, it wasn't gonna be a local. It was a bit more complicated than that. I still was unaware when they came to give me a "Don't give a damn" pill. I was thinking, Great! Free buzz! NOPE! :doh:

Next thing I know, I'm waking up and I don't know where I am! I'm still loopy as hell. I ALWAYS come out of anesthesia earlier than most. I see I'm in a damn bed with rails I'm cussin' my ass off trying to get the rail down. I get it down and throw open the covers and I realize I'm in one of those damn ass showing gowns! :nono: :cuss: I don't remember putting them on! They put you in those damn things to try and control you and where ya go. That doesn't work with me! I AIN;T SKURRED! :eyebrows: :cools:

I get up and try to find someone and my damn clothes. OH DAMN! That fuggin hurts.........as I reach with my left hand to open a door. I expected some pain, but DAMN! Not this damn much.
Now I'm pissed! I'm still sorta high, but with a raging headache coming on and this pain is just plain stupid intense and I can't find anyone. I finally find someone and go to get dressed. I'm the dressing room and look in the mirror, pull back the bandage and take a look at the incision.

JESUS! They cut the hell outta me! I can't find anyone knows what was done and they finally release me.................with nothing for pain. I'm gonna need something! I call up an o;d friend and tell him what going on. He say come on over!

I get there and go to his man cave. He breaks out some dank and we get our smoke on. Just what I needed. I didn't smoke much or often then. His man cave was his little shop with his drag car. He says, "Don't you have a race this weekend in Georgia?" It had actually slipped my mind today with all the BS! I told him, "Yeah, but I really don't if I can make it, but I'm sure as hell gonna try. He raced the same series, but only the local races. He's wanted to go to this race for years, so he offered to help me, if I brought him along. In that series I mainly raced alone other than the few times the girlfriend was able to go. He could be very helpful...........and the weed was VERY good!:baked:

Well, good thing I drag race and not road race! I drove to the track and used my left arm on the way ...............after some puff puff! My bud was a great help and not jest fer the canna! LOL! Didn't smoke during the day. The pain made me focused as hell! Sucked like hell to put my fire suit on and I drove underhanded, but still hurt like hell. I always entered two classes. Time trials were Friday and Saturday with elims on Sunday. The other class had elims on Sat and Sun with payouts each day.

i was winning all the races at the starting line. The pain had me so damn focused, I was chopping that tree every time I came to the line. I'm always hard on the tree, but I was hitting single digits reaction times staging as deep as I could.....just flickering the second light and it didn't matter which lane.
I won the Saturday race after going 12 rounds...........yeah......12..........Huge class! Go got 2nd in the big$$ race Sundaywith a .003 reaction time and 3rd in the other class. I'd never placed in three races in any one event and haven't since. My Bud was so stoked, he raced the full season the next year! LOL

Oh yeah................6 degrees......moved some stuff in my closet and saw my prized Championship jacket I won the same year. Got a call from that same friend EARLY this morning. He want a turbo system for his LS7 swap. Now you post about damn surgery!

....................Yes Auntie.........I am on the sati! ALL DAY!:eyebrows::cools:

Deep thought of the day ;)
AE1A3651-F190-49D8-BB14-EEB6C6E6D817.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back