Status
Not open for further replies.
@50% efficiency the par watts are double. If you reach the saturation point then no but I don't think a smaller Mars panel is close to this either. From my last grow under Mars and kind to this grow I am well above 50% larger plants and bud growth and only 2 weeks from preflower. Last grow my tallest plant was 24" currently I have one that's at 60" and bushier than anything I have seen.
I do believe in the tech, but, I am dealing with five feet of height. Lets' say 12 inches for a 5 gal airpot, no less than 6 inches from the top and about another 6 inches for the thickness of light, say 24 inches for the plant and we have this light at about 12 inches,or less, about right? Even my cheap china light will start to fry the plant. Please forgive me I forgot to say I am too lazy to LST or any of the rest of that stuff. I also must admit I don't know my ass from my elbow about the tech, just love the results from LEDs.

i was thinking to buy 4 600w epiled china gakaxyhydro like panel, and put it in the other tent,to see what it will do(1x1x2m tent).. but that is 1200w of el, so im scared of el. bill.. Has anbody got johnsons led or similar 3070 bought panel??

i was thinking to buy 4 600w epiled china gakaxyhydro like panek, and put it in the other tent,to see what it will do.. but that is 1200w op el, so im scared of el. bill.. Has anbody got johnsons led or similar 3070 bought panel??
i have 18 3070's running but not Johnson. Sure are an impressive piece. I was concerned about electric too, that's the main reason I made the switch.

my humidity hovers around 60% with a 70 pint dehumidifier on 24 hours a day. It's not a huge room but it's filled with plants. I'm watering 2 gallons per plant every 36 hours and at that point they are usually very dry. 28 plants 56 gallons of water in a day and a half. Never had mold or mildew thank god but I think the 2 6" charcoal fan filters on high. 4 oscilating fans and 16" floor fans help too.

I couldnt imagine having humidity that low, I'd probably have to water every 12 hours. I also feed 1200ppm every 36 hours and the plants seem to love it.

Yeah in the frozen winter(when indoor is being grown) its insane dry. If I grew in the summer/spring it would be higher for sure. Its not ideal, but the plants did well, and I look forward firing up the setup again after the heat of summer is finished!

Or maybe i should try 4x 300w china ebay panel.. like galaxyhydro.. Its like 500w per hour (similar to hps) and it would interesting to see what 1200w of led on 1x1m can do.

@BigSm0 are 3070 so much better?? Im asking because of that tgl brend...

Or maybe i should try 4x 300w china ebay panel.. like galaxyhydro.. Its like 500w per hour (similar to hps) and it would interesting to see what 1200w of led on 1x1m can do.

I don't know the exact efficiency of the cheaper panels but the 3070's are upwards of 50%. There isn't much out that will beat that besides the 3590's. As far as exact specs go I will be honest i haven't studied spec sheets like most but I do know the higher it is the more usable light and less heat. All these DIY guys go nuts over 1% nevermind 30% now I think that's overboard but when comparing 25-50 that's huge. Either option will do well no doubt. But when it comes down to it with higher efficient lights you'll either grow bigger or save on electricity. My Amare's are 450+ watts and I compared grows to a 600w hps and there is no question the cobs killed it. Saved a few watts and plants are 30% bigger.

I would run 1 cmh before I ran 2-3 Mars. They are pretty sick lights and have good coverage. I currently have 3 monsters under one and another covering 9 plants in veg.

I will have a weigh in on this run and that may or may not help. If I don't pull at least a pound per Amare I may be searching for new lights myself lol! Like always hiccups along the way but it should turn out well. Plus I'm cramming in 3-4 plants in a 3x3 area. No excuses it is what it is and hope to help people along the way.

there is no way that im going to fck my self with cmh lights..its hps or led...

IMG_20160616_131229.jpg
the photon 6 does the job well

i was thinking to buy 4 600w epiled china gakaxyhydro like panel, and put it in the other tent,to see what it will do(1x1x2m tent).. but that is 1200w of el, so im scared of el. bill.. Has anbody got johnsons led or similar 3070 bought panel??
280 watts wall draw per 600 watt from galaxyhydro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back