Also remember what you would like to grow in it, strain genetics, be it short and bushy or tall and bushy play a big role.

I have a Mars 2 700 in a space relatively same as yours, it's delivering results, but I'm running out of headroom.View attachment 609551

Yes boost, very much considered, typically I like to grow for yield so I don't do to many winter runs

Thanks for all the advice so far, to add to this I have a 200 watt cfl and 150 HPs for each cycle respectively, I'm looking to replace both with a bit of oomph to fit a 2 by 2 by 5

Forgot to add, looks like candyland in there

Thanks bro, first go at it. Used a DP Auto Ultimate bean, should have topped, definitely know this for next run. ( For head space )

But as you can see that's a Mars 2 700, 42 days in from sprout for comparison using @TaNg easy feed schedule.

When Mars makes a light that has a higher efficiency than hps then I will buy one. I don't understand how companies can lie about things like a 260w led is as powerful as a 600w hps when epistar LEDs are in the low 20% efficiency range. Hps which I don't even use puts out much higher par numbers watt for watt vs Mars. I wish they would take their money and invest in some quality efficient panels.

A cob even if it's hooked up with a coat hanger wire and zip tied to the top of your plant. I swear 2 2530's that cost 12 bucks each will blow those panels away. Then to have such a huge section here amazes me. Most people know they put out more heat and less light than hps but so many still buy them.

When Mars makes a light that has a higher efficiency than hps then I will buy one. I don't understand how companies can lie about things like a 260w led is as powerful as a 600w hps when epistar LEDs are in the low 20% efficiency range. Hps which I don't even use puts out much higher par numbers watt for watt vs Mars. I wish they would take their money and invest in some quality efficient panels.
Morning or Evening @BigSm0 may I know where did you see that "260w led is as powerful as a 600w hps" Is that you mean our Mars2 1200?

Last edited:
Back