Status
Not open for further replies.
The general rule of thumb i have grown up with if you can get a gram a watt you are going good Am I correct. You have to read. When a compamy from china selling a 1200 watt COB and right underneath actual draw 660 and average 400.00 US and works for two years solid I can dasiy chain them they come with two on off switches atulip pointed out they could have spread the cobs out further but it is what it is. Iam so happy with that light. What are your thoughts on the apollo series by cidly you can get them with free shipping for under 200 US off of Alibaba go check out cidly. Get back to me and give me your feedback atulip please

1 gram per watt is generally what you would expect from HID for a tuned in grow. But gram per watt is still completely subjective. Some of the vertical hps growers consistently get 1.5gpw, but hps smokes cheap diodes when you take away it's reflection handicap. The gram per watt will change with your area as well, 1000w hps spread over a 5'x5' yields more than spread over a 4'x4'. If you under light your space your GPW will go up.

Too many things affect gpw to use it as a comparison of anything. That's why I say try to replace the amount of light you currently have, whether from hps to led, or low end led to high end led. Or to buy the correct amount of light for your space.(~50w hid or epi led per sq ft) Do not buy into claims that a led will replace hps at less than half the watts, even high end lights may make these claims. That is simply impossible.

IMG_20160609_110849.jpg
(If this were true they would be at 4umol/j(double what you typically see from high end mono panels))

And speaking of how long you've had them, leds need to be replaced just like hps bulbs. 2 years at 24/0 is 17,500 hours of operation. Probably at 85% original output or lower by this time. Something else to consider when buying leds.

Apollo leds are generic epi 3 watt from what I remember. No idea of build quality or anything though.

My rule of thumb has been if they give the actual watts and make no claims of replacing a 1200 watt hps. At least they are being as honest as possible. Atulip i am going to buy a watt meter i think that is what it is called and see how much i have lost or where they stand. My first galaxyhydro 300 watt acutal draw 140 has no heatsink and is still running with no burnouts. I bought two more a year later and much heavier they put a heatsink in lol. I think if cash is tight galaxyhydro make a decent cheap light ledlightschina is there ebay company 75 bucks great for a young person who has a minmum wage job a cheap 2×2 tent exhaust carbon filter passive intake can grow good weed for very little money. My next light will be a higher end one though why because I can lol take care

You won't lose watts as leds age, they'll pull the same watts at the wall, they just don't produce as much light. You'd need to invest in a light meter(lux is fine for comparing light from the same source(don't compare hps to led with lumens), but you'd need to have measured it new to compare to its output now.

And yeah for the price of your monthly supply you can grow yourself, not everyone needs high end. I'll need my lights turned on for the next 2 years to see that extra cost back in electrical savings, and by then I'll be replacing leds.

I ended up going with Amare tech after the kinds shit the bed on me. Sick of cheap and this light is anything but poor quality. After 4/20 sale and an additional 5% for a multiple light purchase it out these things at a great price. The Cree 50w cobs are around 47% efficient and the monos are around 52 or 54% efficient. That's a 50% energy savings compared to the kind alone. With lenses the umole is much higher than 1000hps. As for the eBay cobs I question how they can push such high wall wattage. Even the 3590's shouldn't be pushed over 75 watts
image.jpeg

Again. 450w will not replace 1000w... high end or not. Lenses will REMOVE umols, passing photons through any substrate will. (Albeit a small amount of loss) the lenses are simply adjusting the spread pattern of the light.

1000w Hortilux is 1798, we know amare to be around ~2.3umol/j, I give it a ppf of 1,000 tops. Should smoke 600w hps though.

50% efficient vs 20% efficient it would. Not Mars hydro so called replacement. The lenses on Amare focus the beam compared to lense-less which is more spread

Yes the same sense that an hid hood reflects lost light. But you will lose photons passing through anything. The lenses will have their own efficiency rating, typically 90-99%, 99% meaning the lense absorbs 1% of the light it touches. The reason in DIY we prefer reflectors is because they don't touch all of the light. So 1% loss from correcting 10% of the light is actually 99.9%, compared to correcting 100% of the light from the source.

I ended up going with Amare tech after the kinds shit the bed on me. Sick of cheap and this light is anything but poor quality. After 4/20 sale and an additional 5% for a multiple light purchase it out these things at a great price. The Cree 50w cobs are around 47% efficient and the monos are around 52 or 54% efficient. That's a 50% energy savings compared to the kind alone. With lenses the umole is much higher than 1000hps. As for the eBay cobs I question how they can push such high wall wattage. Even the 3590's shouldn't be pushed over 75 wattsView attachment 581812
Now that you got those cool looking lights get a journal going BIGSmO. You know I ask question that too. How can such a light draw such high wall wattage and grow such huge plants. Best of luck with your new lights and that really sucks how KIND treated you maybe if I had ran into that kind of experience I would have gone the more expensive led. I expect to see some huge plants BIGSMO bro. Hows about a live grow off between you and me are you up for it you can even pick the strain. We have a live grow challenge section all in good fun so are you up for the challenge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back